2013 Ford Escape Parking Assist Music Volume hiccup

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
bnflds5_man
New User

2013 Ford Escape Parking Assist Music Volume hiccup

Post by bnflds5_man » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:11 pm

I have flashed and installed the DSR1 in my 2013 Ford Escape. The stereo works great, levels and EQ are beautiful. The only thing we cant stand is the volume cut, and then jump after the parking assist sensors turn on then off. Here's how I can describe it.

Driving(Audio fine)- pull up to park, or put in reverse to park(As soon as chimes come on, music abruptly cuts out and chimes come on)- As soon as I am parked, I put the car in park and after 2-3 seconds, the music come back on at 100% volume and quickly decreases to normal volume within 1 second.

My bypass for the time being is to remember to turn off the parking assist every time I enter the car. I normally use it frequently though as the front sensors help me avoid tapping the garage wall.

This scares my kids and wife (and me too) and I have a fear that the speakers will blow due to the volume hiccup. What can I try/do? Is there an update for this?

And just to toss in, the sensor volume is just fine.

Thanks,
Nick D

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Ford Escape Parking Assist Music Volume hiccup

Post by billr » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:24 pm

when you flashed the DSR1, besides going to our site to flash it did you also go to the Rockford Fosgate website and flashed it there?
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:05 am

Yes. I've read through everything I possibly could. I even tried relaxing several times with different options. I.E. removing center speaker from flash, clearing all flashes when doing the Rockford update...

I can't think of anything else I could try, so any help would be appreciated.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:33 am

You can try rolling back one firmware on our site just to see if there is any change. currently you have 2.4 so you would roll back to 2.3. when flashing the DSR1 and it shows the firmware that would be installed there is a little green text that says "see all available firmware", click that and select the 2.3 version.
You can also go to the RF website and can roll back one firmware there too. Currently you should have 1.9.4 so you can go back to 1.9.3.
Just do one at a time and test so we know if one of these fixes the issue.
William (Bill) Repicky
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Ok. Tried it out tonight. Here was my process.

1.Rolled back the Rockford Firmware to 1.9.3 and Reset DSR1 to factory defaults. Then flashed with Weblink to 2.4 for my vehicle. -Problem still present.

2. Kept the same Rockford Firmware and flashed to 2.3.-Problem still present

3. Updated the firmware to version 1.9.4 and reset to factory defaults, then flashed to version 2.3. -Problem still present.

4. Kept same firmware and flashed to version 2.4. -Problem still present.

Each time I flashed, I went into the mobile app and set-up the speakers. Each time the same result. I also noticed the center channel is not working. Is that something I that should be since I have selected music and commands?

I'm not worried about the center channel for now. I would more like to have the main problem remedied.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Adding onto my last post.

When I have the normal system DSP AMP in, the music lowers in volume as the sensors come on. With the DSR1, there is a Semi-loud POP and the music shuts off for the sensors to do their job. It is AFTER the sensors shut off that the music cuts back in at volume 100% then very quickly reverts to normal volume.

Thanks,
NIck

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 am

Nick, I sent this over to engineering to review. I'll let you know what we come up with.
William (Bill) Repicky
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

bnflds5_man
New User

Post by bnflds5_man » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm

I really appreciate it. Your customer service really is top notch!

Return to “Maestro DSR1”