2008 FJ cruiser Com-> OK Can->OK Scan tool->not detected

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
P2mfknj
New User

2008 FJ cruiser Com-> OK Can->OK Scan tool->not detected

Post by P2mfknj » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 am

I recently had a Pioneer AVH-601EX installed with the idatalink meastro RR and I love it. Almost everything works but some I'd the settings I know I should be able to see are greyed out with an X. When I look at my settings I see that the scan tool us not detected. My head unit can also play DVD'S but has a double bypass. In the settings screen I can see that my ignition and other things are detected but my brake pedal and parking brake are not detected so I cannot watch DVD'S or adjust many settings in my head unit. Some of the head unit settings can only be adjusted with the parking brake pulled twice (double pulse of course) while holding the brake pedal. Looking at system information I see that my scan tool is not detected even though it is plugged in. I have heard of other FJ owners from the FJ Forum I belong had this issue also and they told me that support techs from idatalink meastro wrote custom firmware to correct this issue and they directed me to this forum. Please help if possible. I spent a lot of money for a system I cannot fully enjoy. I went back to my installer and everything was triple checked (I'm a quality engineer, go figure) for redundancy and I checked it with him and everything is installed correctly. What are the next steps? Thank you for your time.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2008 FJ cruiser Com-> OK Can->OK Scan tool->not detected

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:18 pm

An X next to a gauge option in the list means that this parameter is not found when we look on the data lines of the vehicle. If there's an X next to it, there is no data, so we cannot populate information for that gauge.

'Scan tool not detected' is a totally different thing; some toyota vehicles have the ability to change vehicle settings and advanced features, if we can. In this vehicle we are not able to, hence the 'scan tool not detected' message.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

P2mfknj
New User

Post by P2mfknj » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 pm

So does this mean the scan tool will never be able to see my brake pedal or parking brake and I will never be able to watch DVD'S on it?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Those wires would just need to be caught and tied into analog in the vehicle. The best place would be right at the parking brake switch, if it is in the kickpanel area, and either the brake pedal, the tail light, or somewhere in between for your brake signal. The parking brake will test a ground when engaged, and the foot brake will test 12 volts + when the brake is depressed.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

P2mfknj
New User

Post by P2mfknj » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Problem solved. My installer had it tied with the unit so I disconnected my battery last night used some solder wick removed the wires from the idatalink meastro and hard wired it to my parking brake. The double pulse feature is working now and the DVD player can be watched while parked. Thank you for the help. Will there be any future updates or firmware changes from Toyota or idatalink meastro so I can have gauges for any of the features with an X?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Unfortunately, no. If the data isn't present in the vehicle, there's nothing we can do in a software update to change that.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

P2mfknj
New User

Post by P2mfknj » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 am

Is there anything that Toyota could do in the future to change this? I ask this because the manufacturer I work for does update firmware with our products we sell to the big three and many overseas car manufacturers including Toyota. We are constantly developing new options and features for the components we sell to all these manufacturers. Customers have brought their vehicles in for updates at dealerships when we develop new features and options to an existing platform. Of course this is only available if the manufacturer is not saving our new options and features for future platform changes. Thank you again for all of your help. I am very pleased with this product even if I cannot access every option. Even with the severely limited data set I am very happy with the features I can use in the gauges section. Looks like I'm going to have to add an actual oil pressure gage to my rig. Thank you for your time.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 am

it's highly unlikely that Toyota will do any kind of update that will allow other sensors to be seen on the data bus that haven't been on it before.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Toyota”