2016 Scion no backup camera

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
smithcts
New User

2016 Scion no backup camera

Post by smithcts » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am

Folks,

I have a Maestro Rr /T01 harness setup in a 2016 Scion iM. I have replaced the factory Pioneer head unit with a Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX unit. The car has OE backup camera. I cannot get video signal from the camera. The head unit recognizes the car is in reverse and switches the view to the backup camera. The screen is black.

Voltage being supplied from the T01 harness is 5.0 VDC (no load), 4.7 VDC hooked into the harness. The no load voltage supplied from the factory unit was 6.2 VDC. Crutchfield tech support feels the voltage may be at issue as I have yet to find any other flaw in the operation of the unit, save it (or Pioneer) seems to be passing bogus speed information to Waze. I also note that when I plug the unit in (power connector last), the unit blinks a 2-1 red LED code.

I do not know if Crutchfield has reached out to you yet regarding this. I am eager to learn the solution. It's an interesting problem.

Thanks for your time and support.
Charlie Smith

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Scion no backup camera

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm

Give us a shout in tech and we can walk you thru a wiring change and send you a specific firmware that takes care of that issue. We are here 8:30am-8:30pm EST Monday-Friday
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

smithcts
New User

Post by smithcts » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Zack,

The wiring change plus the new flash worked perfectly. Camera is on and all seems well.

Thanks.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Great to hear, thanks for updating your thread. It helps us to know that people got their issue resolved. Enjoy
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Toyota”