2011 Chevy Suburban w/Bose wo/Nav and Kenwood DMX7706S

hockeyrcks9901
New User

2011 Chevy Suburban w/Bose wo/Nav and Kenwood DMX7706S

Post by hockeyrcks9901 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello,

I've got some issues with a new install of a Maestro RR in my 2011 Chevy Suburban with a Kenwood DMX7706S:
  • Rear speakers do not turn on
  • Selecting XM on the radio gives an error message that says to "Check Tuner"
  • Trying to play a USB movie to the front and rear screens, nothing displays on the rear screen
  • Android Auto connects and disconnects frequently with an error message displayed on the radio "Android Auto has stopped, try connecting your phone when safe."
Everything else appears to work correctly.

Would love some help getting this setup correctly, thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 Chevy Suburban w/Bose wo/Nav and Kenwood DMX7706S

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 am

- Do you have the rear seat audio turned on on the back of the console? Do you have the radio in dual zone? What position is the fader set to?
You're going to the wrong source in the radio; that source is for if you added an aftermarket sat tuner. To access the OEM tuner, you need to enter 'OEM Satellite' source.
  • Trying to play a USB movie to the front and rear screens, nothing displays on the rear screen
Is the USB an option for the dual zone source in the radio? Make sure the RCAs from the AV-GM5 labeled 'to overhead screen' are plugged into an AV output on the radio, and that the dual zone source settings in the radio are correct. If the settings aren't correct, the deck won't send the video out, and you won't get an image on the rear screen.
  • Android Auto connects and disconnects frequently with an error message displayed on the radio "Android Auto has stopped, try connecting your phone when safe."
- This is unrelated to the maestro; i recommend contacting Kenwood about this one.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

hockeyrcks9901
New User

Post by hockeyrcks9901 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:35 am
- Do you have the rear seat audio turned on on the back of the console? Do you have the radio in dual zone? What position is the fader set to?
Fader is set to center. If I set it back I lose sound in the front but do not gain it in the rear. I'm using the level matching wires if it matters.

Rear seat audio set to Off, Single Zone.
Dara DeGrand wrote:
You're going to the wrong source in the radio; that source is for if you added an aftermarket sat tuner. To access the OEM tuner, you need to enter 'OEM Satellite' source.
Perfect, that worked. I'll look in the Kenwood documenting to see if there's a way to hide the other option...I can see that causing my wife confusion.
Dara DeGrand wrote:
Is the USB an option for the dual zone source in the radio? Make sure the RCAs from the AV-GM5 labeled 'to overhead screen' are plugged into an AV output on the radio, and that the dual zone source settings in the radio are correct. If the settings aren't correct, the deck won't send the video out, and you won't get an image on the rear screen.
USB to rear video is an option on the Kenwood. I double checked the video out RCAs before posting but I can definitely do it again, can't hurt. I'll see if I can find something in the house that outputs via RCA to check the Aux inputs.

Dara DeGrand wrote:
- This is unrelated to the maestro; i recommend contacting Kenwood about this one.
Will do. A little googling points to the possibility of an issue with my particular phone which is weird cause it's made by Google themselves...

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am

As for the fader, reset the RR. Go to: Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Maestro Features > Maestro Module > Master Reset and that will likely bring it back.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

hockeyrcks9901
New User

Post by hockeyrcks9901 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:47 am

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am
As for the fader, reset the RR. Go to: Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Maestro Features > Maestro Module > Master Reset and that will likely bring it back.
Just did that and no change to the rear speakers.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Ok, at this point it's probably best to have you call into tech support when you're in the vehicle and able to troubleshoot. We may need to go over wiring with you, so it's best if you can have the radio out.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

hockeyrcks9901
New User

Post by hockeyrcks9901 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Dara DeGrand wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:15 pm
Ok, at this point it's probably best to have you call into tech support when you're in the vehicle and able to troubleshoot. We may need to go over wiring with you, so it's best if you can have the radio out.
Dara, I called in and got some good troubleshooting steps to take: switch to the RCA connectors instead of speaker level to see if that fixes it. I'll have to buy some cables because I accidently threw mine away too quickly..... :evil: :oops:

Got the turn signal sounds working, a reprogram of the Maestro RR fixed that.

I did a workaround to check the video out, connected a rear camera to the Video in. It displays fine on the headunit as AV Input but does not display on the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE). I understand the Maestro doesn't have any involvement here so I'm going to pull the RSE screen out and find some troubleshooting things to check on it. It might be a bad screen. Also going to reach out to Kenwood because the rear audio headphone jacks are extremely quiet. I'm wondering if the rear outputs of the head unit are possibly the issue.

Seems like all my Maestro related issues may be solved now.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I talked to you earlier. Glad the reflash got the turn signals going. Keep us in the know about what you find regarding the other issues.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”