Highlander intermittent no audio

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
ranger098@gmail.com
New User

Highlander intermittent no audio

Post by ranger098@gmail.com » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:21 pm

2008 highlander with JBL, maestro rr firmware 3.2, green wire two pin harness eliminated, still having the no audio issue. Sometimes it works great but then it stops again. When there’s no audio, the diag screen says no amp detected. Any other thoughts on how to fix?

billr
ADS Team

Re: Highlander intermittent no audio

Post by billr » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:29 am

when it says that the amp isn't detected that means the amp isn't talking on the data bus, we can't communicate with it, and since it's digital there is no real easy way to find out what exactly is the cause.
You could always replace the RR just in case there is some hardware issue, If you are using the Weblink Desktop program to flash the RR you can roll back the firmware to 2.7 to see if there is any difference in operation, or replace the TO1 harness completely just to eliminate that as being an issue. Otherwise it may be an amp issue.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

ranger098@gmail.com
New User

Post by ranger098@gmail.com » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:04 pm

Would you be willing to replace the RR for free? It’s passed the 1 year warranty but if there are no other options to fix this, then I think it would make sense...

ranger098@gmail.com
New User

Post by ranger098@gmail.com » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 am

So I did more digging yesterday, had the wife leave the car running when she got home, while there was no audio. I checked all over, no issues anywhere, until I unplugged/replugged one of the harnesses on the RR (the narrowest and widest one) and the audio came back. So I replaced the harness, but really it seems like the maestro unit itself is bad.

It seems like each time I work on it, it will work for like a week, and slowly start working less and less. Any other thoughts ADS guys/gals?

ando
New User

Post by ando » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am

I am having a similar issue with my Pioneer DMH-1500NEX and Meastro RR. I eliminated the 2 pin connector by cutting it out and soldering the wires together as iDatalink customer support suggested. It worked great for about 2 months and now it is back to intermittent audio again. It is happening 1 to 2 time per week. I think the Meastro may be defective and I am still within my 1 year warranty so I would like to know how to get it replaced.

Thanks

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am

contact the place you bought the RR from and they can get it replaced for you.
William (Bill) Repicky
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

ando
New User

Post by ando » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 am

@billr
That will not work as I have had the Maestro for over 3 months now and it is outside the store replacement period. The idatalink warranty is 1 year so I need to get an RMA to return it.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am

where did you buy the Maestro unit from?
William (Bill) Repicky
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

ranger098@gmail.com
New User

Post by ranger098@gmail.com » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm

I’ll give my update here, but I still need more time to be certain I’ve fixed the issue. I noticed that the plugins to the rr’s have a fair amount of play even when clicked in place. It’s not a super tight connection. Each time I took my radio out the rr unit was either hanging by the wires or had some tension on the wires. So like 2-3 weeks ago, last time I worked in this, I zip tied the rr to a bar behind the dash so it won’t move, and so far the issue hasn’t returned. I think that even though the connections were all “clicked” into place, they still weren’t making a clean connection. Try this, other guy that posted here... might be the answer for you too

ando
New User

Post by ando » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:16 am

Thanks for the update ranger. I will try the same this weekend and see how it goes.

Return to “Toyota”