Is my Maestro Dead?

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
ErosJax
New User

Is my Maestro Dead?

Post by ErosJax » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 am

My Pioneer AVH-4200nex and Maestro RR have worked flawlessly for 10 months.

Yesterday out of the blue as I was driving, my Head Unit turned off and would not come back on even after restarting vehicle. Once I got home, I started checking fuses. I finally found a 7.5 fuse on the idatalink ch1 harness that had blown. I replaced that fuse, however my head unit still won't power up. I have noticed that there are no lights on the maestro now.

I pulled the Maestro to see if I could hook it up to my pc and re-flash. When I plug it in to my Windows 10 pc, I get a USB power surge error regardless of usb 2.0 or 3.0. When I hook it up to my old Windows 7 laptop and run the web interface it says no device is detected. I used that same laptop to flash it initially 10 months ago.

At this point I'm at a loss as to whether the maestro is dead or not?

billr
ADS Team

Re: Is my Maestro Dead?

Post by billr » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:21 am

It's very rare to see that fuse pop so something definitely is up. I would put it back into the vehicle and do a reset on it:
1) with nothing plugged into the RR, hold down the reset button on the side of the RR
2) while holding down that button, plug in just the 3 pin power plug (the one with the Red, Yellow, and Black wires)
3) keep the button held down till you see the led blinking red then let go of the button
4) the led should turn green for a second then turn out, it may start blinking red 2 times which is normal

if you do this and the RR is unresponsive, no led blinks, no nothing I would then recommend to take the RR back to where you got it from and have them replace it, it has a 1 year warranty.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

ErosJax
New User

Re: Is my Maestro Dead?

Post by ErosJax » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:04 am

Just gave the reset a try and I get no lights from the Maestro. I also get no lights from the Maestro when I hook it up via usb to any pc. I'm not sure If I can return this under warranty since I purchased last Oct off Amazon. Unless I have something going on with my harness instead?

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”