2012 Prius (No JBL) Reverse Camera Video Issue

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
krazyk
New User

2012 Prius (No JBL) Reverse Camera Video Issue

Post by krazyk » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:00 am

I'm using JVC KW-M740BT with a Maestro ADS-MRR and sometimes, when I go in reverse, the video has a red tint on the head unit's screen. It doesn't always happen, maybe once every 5 times I start the car. I re-checked all the connections and attempted to reflash the MRR's firmware, but it still happens. I even went back to an older MRR firmware, which seems to lessen the occurrence, but it still happens (I'm currently on ADS-RR(RR)-TOY02-DS (512) V2.1). I've also updated the head unit's firmware to the latest from April 2019.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Prius (No JBL) Reverse Camera Video Issue

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 pm

What do you have for voltage on the blue/yellow wire that is hardwired to the car for the camera power?
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

krazyk
New User

Post by krazyk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:35 am

I'm getting 6.1V for the camera connector from the T harness going to the car's camera connector. It's always at that voltage, even if the camera is not in reverse.

I forgot to mention that I'm using a camera retention harness instead of splicing/hardwiring directly to the car's wiring. It's a passive device. From the retention harness, I soldered pin 7's output to the blue/yellow wire and pin 15 to the black wire going to the harness that plugs into the T harness connector. Pin 8 and 16 connects to an RCA connector which I plugged directly to the head unit.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 pm

That voltage is good, and if it is staying the same even when you are having the issue, that wouldn't be your problem then. The video image itself doenst go "thru" the RR at all, and is just an analog video signal from the camera itself. That said, it's going to likely be an issue with the camera itself or the input of the radio.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

krazyk
New User

Post by krazyk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:38 am

I understand the video doesn't pass through RR but the power does come through RR, correct? Perhaps its not always putting out the correct voltage? The issue happened again yesterday. See picture: Image

I couldn't take a volt reading though because it's installed. I haven't been able to replicate it while the radio is removed with wiring exposed :cry:

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 pm

That is possible, but generally, the camera will either turn on or it won't. Low power likely wouldn't cause the image to look like that.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”