Maestro RR update mandatory?

Group using the FI1 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Fiat500x
New User

Maestro RR update mandatory?

Post by Fiat500x » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi! I have posted here way back in Jaunary 2018 about my Maestro installation troubleshooting/installation problems.

I am checking back in to see if the new update to my Maestro RR is mandatory.

As of right now, the latest firmware update for my vehicle/radio configuration is:
ADS-RR(SR)-CHR03X-DS (512) (1.9) FOR Maestro RR
Revision Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019

I have not updated since version 1.2. Is it possible to know what updates/fixes I have been missing since my last update? I would like to know since I would need to disassemble everything to reach the Maestro box behind my radio. :lol: I tried to find the updates history without much info on your website.

I also just found out you have released a new Maestro RR2. Do I miss anything besides the Bluetooth connectivity? I am assuming if I update to this I would not need to take out everything to update my box! :shock: :D

Sincerely yours,

Anson

billr
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR update mandatory?

Post by billr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:34 pm

we have a saying here...If it ain't broke don't fix it. if you don't have any issues with the current RR then don't update it. updates are only for fixing bugs we find and adding new radios to the firmware.

as for the new RR2, we will have 3 selectable low voltage outputs that can control things like exterior lighting, actuators for custom installs, things like that. Plus the RR2 will be able to get us into some vehicles we currently don't support.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Fiat500x
New User

Re: Maestro RR update mandatory?

Post by Fiat500x » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Ok, thank you for your quick response! :D I just hope I didn't miss out on a new feature that could enable the Maestro to control my automatic climate control system on my Fiat 500x Trekking model.

Return to “Fiat”