2016 Toyota Avalon Limited with Technology pkg

Calafax
New User

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Limited with Technology pkg

Post by Calafax »

I also have a question about the AUX connector. You say, "You could also utilize the AV-Input of your radio, but it would display a screen about no video while driving if you went that route." My Toyota 86 does not have an AUX port. I've planned to add one when I replace the existing HU with a Kenwood, which has an aux input port, and I planned to tie back the RR AUX lead and leave it unused. Are you saying that the RR expects its AUX lead to be connected? Its 3 wires (white, black, red) seem to lead directly to the Toyota connector, bypassing the RR entirely.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

In this case, you could leave both the RR's audio cable and aux cord out of your installation. In this case, you could use the radio's aux as a regular aux input by running a cable to wherever you want it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Calafax
New User

Post by Calafax »

Omit both connections. Ok. I'm glad I asked. Thanks.

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

okay finally got the installed completed over the weekend. Always takes long than you think it should :). Some questions have come up. I notice on the car's gauge display on the radio that all are working except the fuel gauge? Also the "beep" tones on the HVAC controls are gone.

Thanks Joe

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

It's pretty much a standard that toyota does not send fuel information on the HS can. Because the information isn't present on the data line where we are reading, we can't populate it as a gauge.

That's a new one for me. Did the climate beeps play through the speakers? That seems a bit far-fetched for me, but I've seen weirder things. You could try re-installing the OEM and see if the beep comes back, to rule out sometihng being left unplugged. I'm not sure where to start on that one, as we haven't heard this issue before.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

Yes the beeps and the touch sensitive are set via the radio and the is via the radio. Any chance your folks wold look into this. I would be happy to beta test

Joe

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

Just to be transparent, our offices are closed due to COVID-19, and there is no set date of when we will re-open, so it could be quite awhile before we will be able to look into this.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

That's not a problem. AT this point there is no impact to the cars functionality. Just keep me in mind once the office opens up.

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

Some additional information not only do I not get a beep from the HVAC touch I also do not get a beep from the radio when I touch the screen. So i talked with JVC/Kenwood support. They stated you need front speakers connected in order for the beep function to work correctly. Is it possible that plugged the white and gray RCA's into the wrong ports on the back of the radio?

Thanks joe

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

That's totally possible; it's definitely worth checking out if you get a few minutes.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

Did some checking today. The RCA's from the RR are in the correct position on the 906, ie Front pre-out on the 906. I also did some additional testing by connecting a spare speaker I had to the front speaker output of the 906 and the beep sound sfrom the radio are present. No beeps from the AC system.

So I guess the beep sound are only available on the speaker outputs and not the pre-out any additional suggestions on next steps?

Joe

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

So another problem seems the system is not sees braking brake. I think I will just ground wire.

Joe

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand »

If the deck doesn't send the beeps out on the pre-outs, that is a radio thing. There isn't anything that can be done about that on our side, but they might be able to address it in a firmware update.

If you look in the diagnostic menu in the radio (Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Maestro Features > Maestro Module > Diagnostics > Inputs and Outputs), does it show parking brake as detected?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

jjcamilli
New User

Post by jjcamilli »

Sorry already went ahead and grounded it. Which fixed the issue of Android Auto asking of the parking brake to be set.

Return to “TO2 radio replacement solution”