2011 GMC Acadia SLE with faint sound

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
mjspiller
New User

2011 GMC Acadia SLE with faint sound

Post by mjspiller » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:35 pm

I installed a Kenwood DDX9905S with the Maestro ADS-MRR & Maestro HRN-RR-GM5. Everything works fine but not getting the full sound like I get from my stock radio. I have all the volumes to the max setting and it isn't loud enough. I do not have factory Bose system but I do have a factory amp. We tried connecting the speaker wires with both RCA (low level) to start and then tried the high level route and wired them to the Kenwood harness. I know I have a amp underneath my steering wheel because I have seen it although my glovebox does not state any of codes mentioned in the install paperwork. Is there anything you can do to help?

Also, i retained my factory XM and Onstar. I haven't tried the Onstar but the XM is working, however, the turn signal clicks do not play when listing to factory satellite radio. Is this a known issue?

Also, we have made every possible connection needed as far as what needs to be connected to the harness and radio.

Side note, we there be future update or newer RR module that will play the sounds through the car speakers rather than the Maestro speaker that is connected?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2011 GMC Acadia SLE with faint sound

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 am

Either cut the ends off of the RCA plugs, or cut the circuit boards off of the speaker lines before you hook them to the radio and you will have full volume.

The turn signal click is a known issue. It is not possible to simultaneously generate and mix the satellite radio and turn signal clicking.

We will likely never integrate the chimes into the OEM speakers. We used to do that and the solution wasn't very good. Lots of noise issues, popping and clicking, so we went away from it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

mjspiller
New User

Post by mjspiller » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Hopefully we will get some time tonight to do what the solutions you provided tonight. I will post once it is done for follow up.

mjspiller
New User

Post by mjspiller » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Cutting off the circuit breakers freed up the speakers. Thank you.

Now this morning, after messing with the settings on the Kenwood DDX905S, the radio shut off. Looked for a blown fuse. The radio fuse is fine. There is a 2amp fuse on one of the speaker wires that is blown. Need to find a replacement for that. Also the Maestro unit is blinking red twice. Before it blinked green. I reflashed it and still get the same red flash. Not sure if its the 2amp fuse or not. Maybe the radio is bad.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm

The RR blinking 2 times red means that there isn't any data communication between the RR and the radio. If there is no power to the radio, that will cause this as well. Check the fuse in the back of the radio chassis as well as voltage on the yellow and red wire on the power harness going into the Kenwood to make sure it is getting power when the ignition is on.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

mjspiller
New User

Post by mjspiller » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Replaced 2amp fuse that was running from the dash cam and rerouted the power from it. Everything is back to working condition. Thank you again for all your help.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 am

Glad everything is working for you.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”