2010 Hyundai Tuscon with Sony XAV-AX5000

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
msmont
New User

2010 Hyundai Tuscon with Sony XAV-AX5000

Post by msmont » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:29 pm

I can't seem to get my steering wheel adapter working. I have a 2010 Hyundai Tuscon, it was the limited with the amplifier. Radio I am using is a Sony XAV-AX5000. The instructions for the installation are for the radio without the amplifier, but I have a pin out diagram and know where the Remote and Remote Ground wire are and the colors (grey and blue) match the colors from the non-amplified instructions. I have flashed the unit, everything looked successful there. When I start the car the led flashes green once, I guess this implies that at least I got the acc and ground wire on there correctly. Is there anything I can do to diagnose what is wrong, is it possible I have a bad unit? Is the LED supposed to flash when I'm hitting a button on the steering wheel? I can't imagine that the steering wheel interface is any different between the amplified and non-amplified units, just the wires are on a different harness because all the harnesses were different.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 Hyundai Tuscon with Sony XAV-AX5000

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 am

The light on the maestro should blink when you press a button on the wheel. If it doesn't, the maestro isn't seeing signal from the car. In cases like this, it is resolved most easily by having you call into support when you're in the car. If we can see exactly what you're connected to, we can better help to get it going.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro SW”