Missing engine oil temperature in Toyota GT86

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
ETM_Shaman
New User

Missing engine oil temperature in Toyota GT86

Post by ETM_Shaman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:34 am

Hi, I'm using a Maestro RR with SU2 harness and firmware on a 2013 Toyota GT86 (equivalent to USDM Scion FRS), togeteher with a Kenwood DMX905S head unit.

Everything works except for the engine oil temperature reading (it has an X and is grayed out).

I've searched in the ft86club forums and it looks like other people have the same problem.
I also found that the ones using Torque app with an OBD dongle get a reading using this info:

Code: Select all

OBD2 Mode and PID: 2101
Minimum Value: -40
Maximum Value: 215 (this is just the maximum that this location can support, which does not mean the sensor can read that high)
Scale factor: x1
Unit type: C
Equation: AC-40 (no space between A and C; "AC" is the location within the response)
OBD Header: 7E0
I hope I can get the engine oil temperature to display correctly because it was the main reason to get a Maestro RR for this car.

Thanks,

Eduardo

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Missing engine oil temperature in Toyota GT86

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:22 am

Which can line is it reporting on, though? We only read generic messages on HS can, so if it is on another data line or is a proprietary message, that would explain there being an X next to it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ETM_Shaman
New User

Post by ETM_Shaman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi, thanks for the support and sorry for the late reply.

On the Toyota GT86 there's only one CAN line shared for all the modules in the car. I can provide wiring schematics if it helps.

I don't know exactly why some persons read the oil temperature ok and others don't, it seems to have something with the stock ECU software being updated from the factory or tuned in the aftermarket.

The thing is that people using Torque app have fixed the issue using the data I provided and I was hoping we can include this in an update. There has to be a way to customize the way the Maestro RR reads the PIDs in each platform!

Thanks,

Eduardo

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 am

unfortunately there is no way to customize the RR from a user standpoint to look for specific PID's. We read the generic information and show it if we see it. If Toyota changes the PID to a more Toyota specific code there won't be anything we could do without spending a large amount of engineering time compiling every specific code for every manufacturer we support and entering it into our firmwares.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Subaru”