2014 Prius - JBL w/NAV - replacing with Pioneer and Maestro

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
ScottBritt
New User

2014 Prius - JBL w/NAV - replacing with Pioneer and Maestro

Post by ScottBritt » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:57 pm

So have a Prius IV that had a JBL with NAV system...I did the whole selection menu thing on website and got all the cables and Firmware selection...Maestro RR with T02 cable set...and the appropriate USB and antenna adaptors...

I am using a Pioneer NEX AVIC-4100...So went to install today...took everything apart and there is bunch of incompatibility on connectors in the dash...In fact only one major connector fits to factory harness...Looking at the documentation it shows 3 plus the OBD...well the other 2 from Maestro T02 do not fit the factory harness...I'd sure like a little help or info on just why that is and what to do about it?

I did my 2008 Toyota Highlander with a Maestro and only had a few issues...This has me a bit perplexed...

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Prius - JBL w/NAV - replacing with Pioneer and Maestro

Post by billr » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 am

It sounds like you may need the TO1 harness instead. You are right in the year range where Toyota was not consistent with their harnessing which makes it very difficult for everyone. You probably have a main 20 pin connector in the car that has larger terminals on the outside and smaller terminals inside. If that is the case it's the TO1 harness.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Toyota”