head unit compatibility..

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
logic
New User

head unit compatibility..

Post by logic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm

getting ready to purchase a head unit. going through the demo i see i will need a head unit that would allow me to keep factory amp can i get a list of all units that would allow me to.. (wanting 2 get all options the rr allows and not cashing a whole months of pay :mrgreen: ). any suggestions on which unit i should go with.

i got the hrm-rr-su2 dated, 2018/05/20 ver.1.50.... is this loom wired correctly for the back up cam. i ask this because im reading a few posts saying it would need to be re wired for it to work,
apologize for these questions (if dumb) :?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: head unit compatibility..

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:59 pm

If you scroll over the "Products" tab on the main Maestro page, then click compatible radios in the dropdown, it will give you a full list of the radios that are Idatalink compatible. I'm not sure what your second question is, or what vehicle you are working on specifically.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

logic
New User

Post by logic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Zack Flynn wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:59 pm
If you scroll over the "Products" tab on the main Maestro page, then click compatible radios in the dropdown, it will give you a full list of the radios that are Idatalink compatible. I'm not sure what your second question is, or what vehicle you are working on specifically.
Hi,
Yes I was thinking this would be a dumb thing to ask on this forum. I understand I can look up all the units capable of the options. worries I have is while in demo mode I chose a random head unit and it did not give me the stock amp option till I chose a few different unit this is why I’m kinda concerned and don’t want to buy the wrong stereo. Or are any of the listed units on the product page list good to go for all the option available on the RR.
As for the second question I willl ask if I have any issues with the back up camera when I install. Vehicle is a 2013 OB w/o nav with HK/BT

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 pm

All of the idatalink compatible headunits should have at enough presets for retaining the factory amplified system and maintaining the fader controls. Just make sure whatever unit you go with has at least front and rear RCAs, if not front, rear, and subwoofer RCAs.

The SU2 harness will allow you to retain the factory backup camera in your specific vehicle.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Subaru”