Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon CAN communication Error

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
rodhammond
New User

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon CAN communication Error

Post by rodhammond » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:04 am

Problem: CAN communication Error
System Setup: ALP-MRR
FIRMWARE: ALP-RR(SR)-WR01-DS(512)-V3.8
HW: RR(512)
Radio: Alpine iLX-207
Package: This radio was sold as a kit for the Jeep Wrangler under model number i207-WRA. The radio, MRR, and vehicle harness with specific adapters for the Wrangler were all included.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2008 with Chrysler premium audio ~ builtin AMP and SUB.

Hi,
I just purchased and installed the i207-WRA. Before installing, the MRR was flashed with the above recommended firmware using the Weblink Desktop software. Immediately after powering up, I received a CAN Communication Error. I checked all connectors and followed instructions to reset the MRR, but error persists. Also, this radio is suppose to support balance fade. I have no sound coming from rear speakers when fade to full rear. However, the sub appears to be producing sound.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Rod

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon CAN communication Error

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 am

'Can communication error' is Alpine's way of saying the RR and the radio aren't communicating with each other. Is the light on the RR blinking, perhaps 2x red ?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

rodhammond
New User

Post by rodhammond » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Yes, It does blink 2x red. I rechecked the trouble steps for this error. It mentions the red and blue ports should be empty. I move the connector I had in the blue port to the black one. All is working. Instructions doesn't mention this distinction anywhere else.

Thanks,
Rod

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 am

Glad you got it up and running.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888