2016 Impreza nothing working after flashing

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
Wehan
New User

2016 Impreza nothing working after flashing

Post by Wehan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:21 pm

I have a 2016 Impreza, Maestro RR, and a Pioneer avh-4200NEX that when I installed it the SU2 and USU2 harness didn't exist so I hard wired according to the instructions (you kids got it easy now) Now after I flash to change up my wheel controls nothing works on the steering wheel and Pioneer unit says it is "NOK" Maestro blinks red twice, then again twice and that's it.

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Impreza nothing working after flashing

Post by billr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:32 am

you will need to reflash the RR but instead of selecting the Impreza you need to select the SU2-SI instead. When you select the Impreza the RR thinks you have the SU2 harness and not hardwired.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Wehan
New User

Post by Wehan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:16 pm

OK, I figured that out from the other guy with the WRX while waiting for Admin approval of this post, is there any reason that flashing with that selection would make my reverse camera not work? The head unit triggers into reverse camera view but the screen is blank? I might have a wiring problem within my 28 pin plug, just trying to troubleshoot one thing at a time. How would I check if the Maestro RR is sending all the proper signals to activate the reverse camera?
Is it possible to get the install guide for my application, I cant seem to locate it on the site, If I select the SU2-si I get "ADS-RR(SI)-SUB01-DS-IG FOR Maestro RR
Guide Number: 62854 | Revision Date: Friday, May 24, 2019" and that doesnt cover my 2016 Impreza.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm

That firmware/solution is no longer supported for this car. If you used the gray/yellow to power the OEM camera, the firmware has been changed because we needed the output for VSS. If that's the case, you'll just need to provide a 6v output to the camera's power and you should be good.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Wehan
New User

Post by Wehan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Is there a way to flash my old firmware then? Is there any advantage to this new firmware other than requiring me to spend extra money on something that this did/was supposed to do but now doesnt?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm

You will need to install a voltage step down to power the camera with the configuration you currently have, as Dara said in her post. Or, you can reflash the unit with your specific vehicle and firmware and use the SU2 harness. With the new firmware and harness you will get vehicle door and battery status, as well as tire pressure monitoring info in addition to all the features you had before, and it will have the camera wiring as part of the harness
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Wehan
New User

Post by Wehan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:24 pm

OK. I just finished installing the HRN-RR-SU2 harness along with a fresh re-flash. Everything is working as it did except the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX allows me to view the reverse camera while not in reverse (Camera view) and this no longer works. It triggers the reverse screen but picture is black, I'm thinking the new setup is not supplying 6v+ to the camera unless the vehicle is in reverse and I need a step-down converter anyways?

Also, in the instructions provided (ADS-RR(SR)-SUB02B-DS-IG-EN_20181119) under "Subaru Impreza with 6.2 inch screen 2015-2016" on page 4 is shows in the picture "Data Cable" and then next to that "Audio Cable" What is the "Audio cable" where does this connect on my aftermarket radio, and what is it for?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:54 pm

The SU2 firmware only powers the camera when the vehicle is in reverse. After checking with engineering, this is how the firmware is, and unfortunately, is a hardware and firmware limitation of the unit with all the other things the unit does with the new firmware. You could still hardwire a setpdowm in place of our power that the RR provides, if you would like the camera to be forced on.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Wehan
New User

Post by Wehan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Any help in integrating a step-down converter into the su2 harness is much appreciated.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm

the blue/yellow in our harness in the blue 2 pin connector is the camera power. You could clip that wire in half and attach the 6v output from your stepdown to the side that goes towards the vehicle. Cap off the other side of the cut wire that goes towards the RR. Then wire your stepdown to come on with accessory power from the car, instead of just in reverse
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Subaru”