Back Up camera on Jeep JK and Uconnect Pioneer AVH-2400 NEX

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
eridiaz@cisco.com
New User

Back Up camera on Jeep JK and Uconnect Pioneer AVH-2400 NEX

Post by eridiaz@cisco.com » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:07 pm

1 Hi I´ve already wired and after market camera on the rear lamp and grounded there as well.

On the front Head Unit is valid to wire the red wire to the head unit only (not on maestro RR)?

I did this wiring, thinking that if i would wired to the red wire on the front (accesories) it would be on always after turning on the switch, is that assumption correct?

2 I won´t use uconnect features at all, my original head unit has the VR and Phones buttons on it, not on steering wheel, while means once replacing head unit I won´t have any buttons for that.

Can i remove totally the u connect module without affecting any feature?

billr
ADS Team

Re: Back Up camera on Jeep JK and Uconnect Pioneer AVH-2400 NEX

Post by billr » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 pm

the red wire that came up with the backup camera rca, you can just tape it up and not connect it at all.
as for the uConnect, I would leave it in even though you are not using it unless for some reason you need the space for something else.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

eridiaz@cisco.com
New User

Re: Back Up camera on Jeep JK and Uconnect Pioneer AVH-2400 NEX

Post by eridiaz@cisco.com » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:18 am

Idid like that Purple shite cable on Maestro to Purple white (back up gear) on Pioneer receiver.
Maestro sends reverse trigger to receiver.

And regarding Uconnect Module, I removed that totally form the car including the uconnect harness (that Applies when Phone buttons are on the receiver itself , Not on the steering wheel. (Wrangler JK 2015 sold in Mexico). It has no sense still keeping the module connected it only add a harness and power consumtion, and if you forget to remove paired bluetooth devices to uconnect you will have an issue.

Best regards!
ED

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”