Can't watch DVDs with parking brake set

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
Nejaa
New User

Can't watch DVDs with parking brake set

Post by Nejaa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:04 pm

I have a 2014 Forester with a manual transmission and just replaced the stock radio with the Pioneer AVIC-w8400NEX. Everything seems to work amazingly well: stock backup camera (on the little 3" screen - the Pioneer screen does correctly go blank when put in reverse), OBD2 vehicle info, Android Auto Wireless, and so on. There are 3 things not working.

1 (and this is on Pioneer): the unit navigation never shows the correct vehicle speed.
2: The screen mirror doesn't work and I suspect it's related to 3 -
3: when the parking brake is set, the unit will not play DVDs to its screen. So, I guess first question is: should I be able to watch DVDs on its screen with parking brake set? If so, how do I fix it to enable this functionality?

I'm fairly confident that I connected the light green wire from the unit harness to the light green wire on the SU1 T-harness, but would have to pull the unit to confirm. Should the light green wire from the unit harness be directly connected to the parking brake and bypass the Maestro?

Thanks for the help!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Can't watch DVDs with parking brake set

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:14 am

When you activate the parking brake, make sure you put it ON - OFF - leave it ON. If you don't pulse the brake with this sequence, the radio will not let you into the safety features it is locking you out of.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”