New Camaro dash kit

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Marty Z
New User

New Camaro dash kit

Post by Marty Z » Thu May 30, 2019 5:47 pm

I am considering buying the new KIT-CAM1 along with the RR but I am hesitant because I am confused about the antenna adapter. On the idatalink animated installation video on youtube, it specifies that I also need to get the metra 40eu10 antenna adapter, which is fine. But, according to the metra website, 40eu10 will not work on the camaro as it is not amplified. I would need the 40eu55.

Now, my question is, does the kit-cam1 or rr somehow negate the need for an amplified antenna? Or is the installation video not accurate?

I am not trying to lay blame, I just want to make sure I don't put in the wrong parts.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: New Camaro dash kit

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu May 30, 2019 6:07 pm

We don't make or sell the 40-EU10. If they are calling for the EU55, it is a mistake in our video, and you should use the antenna adapter they recommend. I'll reach out to the guy that makes our videos and see if he can correct it. Thanks for letting us know.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Thu May 30, 2019 7:22 pm

based on all schematics I have seen the Camaro uses the 40-EU10 and the antenna amplifier is turned by the remote turn on wire in the wiring harness.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Thu May 30, 2019 8:08 pm

So does the cam1 wiring harness eliminate the need for the amp wire on the antenna adapter?

Other kits, from other manufacturers all use an amplified adapter, that is also a point of hesitation.

Do you have any working demos with the un-amplified adapter?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri May 31, 2019 8:17 am

No, we don't eliminate the need for it. There is no way for us to do that. Based on what Bill is saying, that would simply be how the car is built.

If it were me, I'd contact Metra to confirm why they say the 40-EU55 is needed. If they say you need it, you buy the 40-EU10 and have poor reception, it will be more time and frustration going back to get the correct part in the end. Just my $0.02.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Ok, so I installed the kit today. I used the 40EU55, figured I would test it both amplified and un-amplified. Well it worked un-amplified but the FM reception got a lot better once I amplified it. So you might want to recommend the 40EU55 instead of the 40EU10.

But now I have another issue, and I am not sure whether it's the RR or the HU, Kenwood DDX9705S. In the climate controls, if I have it in AC and cycle thru the vent option, clicking the sitting man option, When it gets to the option for upper vent with front defrost, it gets stuck there, and no matter what I do I can't get it off that option. It doesn't happen if I cycle thru the option with AC off, only with AC on, so far. I tried resetting the RR and it didn't go away. I will try pulling the fuse for the radio next, see if that clears it up.

I need this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:23 am

Marty Z wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:34 pm
Ok, so I installed the kit today. I used the 40EU55, figured I would test it both amplified and un-amplified. Well it worked un-amplified but the FM reception got a lot better once I amplified it. So you might want to recommend the 40EU55 instead of the 40EU10.

But now I have another issue, and I am not sure whether it's the RR or the HU, Kenwood DDX9705S. In the climate controls, if I have it in AC and cycle thru the vent option, clicking the sitting man option, When it gets to the option for upper vent with front defrost, it gets stuck there, and no matter what I do I can't get it off that option. It doesn't happen if I cycle thru the option with AC off, only with AC on, so far. I tried resetting the RR and it didn't go away. I will try pulling the fuse for the radio next, see if that clears it up.

I need this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Small edit, it gets stuck in the feet/front defog setting, and not only when AC is on, it appears random when ever getting into that setting. Also, cutting power to the RR, pulling the fuse, clears it up, but then when toggling back to it, it gets stuck again.

This is the setting it gets stuck in, not the actual display, just a representation of the setting from the original climate controls.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 am

Can you provide a little clarification? How are you cycling through climate; on the radio screen, or does it get stuck when you're hitting physical buttons on the dash kit?

Also... The button you posted a picture of is not from our dash kit. What is that photo from, the OEM climate controls?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:36 am

This happens when cycling thru on the screen.

As I stated, "not the actual display, just a representation of the setting from the original climate controls."

I can't take a picture of the actual screen because it would freeze up

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 am

Sorry, I'm a simpleton. I just want to make 100% sure I understand the problem so I can specifically ask the engineers what to check. Thanks for the clarification.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Marty, re-flash your module. The climate and camera issues should be resolved in v1.2.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Great thanks, will do it tomorrow.

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Ok, great news, climate control works perfectly now. At least with the car standing still. I still need to test the front camera issue which I will do later today when driving around. So far, it looks promising.

Marty Z
New User

Post by Marty Z » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Ok, so from the moment I started to drive, the front camera view started turning on by itself. I even unselected "display camera view" from the button bar when I re-flashed the RR. The funny part is that when I had front camera option "ON" in the head unit, it even interupted functionality of the buttons on the top bar.

For example, I pressed the gauges button 2 times with no response, on the 3rd push, the front camera view turned on. The moment I turned the front camera to "OFF" in the HU, all buttons started working perfectly.

I am thinking that the RR is sending the HU a signal that it is confusing for front camera view.

The climate controls work perfectly though.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 am

sounds like the Smart Parking feature is turned on in the Maestro menu. this turns on the front camera when you go slow so you see if there is anyone/anything in front of you. you can turn that feature off in the menu:
OEM Settings/Maestro Features/Maestro Module/Camera Controls/Front Camera Control/Smart Parking
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”