2011 Jeep Liberty - Starting up randomly

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
nitro7
New User

2011 Jeep Liberty - Starting up randomly

Post by nitro7 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Last week I installed a Pioneer AVH-501ex head unit along with the ADS-MRR. I did use the install harness as well. Sirius receive only other addon present in the system.

The Jeep does not have uConnect.

When the jeep was purchased a few years ago a remote starter was installed. This one right here to be exact

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NA ... UTF8&psc=1

Everything is good for first day no issues, I go out the next morning to inspect my Ram truck from hail damage the night before and I hear music from the Jeep. I look in and all the dash lights and everything was on. It was as if the key was in the run position without the engine running. I get the key and jump start it with no problem. Let it run for a few moments then shut it off and everything goes off properly. I shut the door and begin to walk away when I hear the Jeep starting. Now the Jeep is running and nothing will shut it off, turning key in ignition on and off, remote buttons, nothing until I pulled negative cable on the battery.

I pulled the remote start unit and no problems since then of course, but my wife really misses her remote start. Any thoughts or ideas?

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”