2016 WRX Microphone, OEM AUX input, and OEM USB

Group using the SU1 and SU2 firmware* see specific firmware for full feature list.
Vamps83
New User

2016 WRX Microphone, OEM AUX input, and OEM USB

Post by Vamps83 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm

I just did an install on my 2016 WRX and the OEM microphone, OEM auxiliary port, and OEM USB are not working. It appears as though most all other features are working as expected at first glance :D . I'm just looking for some guidance on these other things.
1) OEM Microphone
Looking at the connection instructions, it appears as though there is a dedicated wire from the maestro rr to the radio for audio. I assumed this was the microphone; did I misunderstand correctly and will the OEM microphone work with this setup?
If it is not the microphone what is this supposed to hook up to?
2) OEM auxiliary port
Again connection instructions reveal an auxiliary connection through the SU2 harness and I assumed this was for this OEM connection. Is this a correct assumption?

3) OEM USB
I can see why this might not work but I figure that it was still getting to the OEM stereo so I am curious if y'all have mapped out which pins were used for that and which connector so that I can manually tie that into the stereo.

Any recommendations for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2016 WRX Microphone, OEM AUX input, and OEM USB

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 27, 2019 8:54 am

1) The microphone is not retained in this application.
2) That is correct.
3) If you have multiple USBs, it cannot be retained. Aftermarket radios cannot read from USB hubs.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Subaru”