Maestro RR + European Pioneer headunit?

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
zoom
New User

Maestro RR + European Pioneer headunit?

Post by zoom » Sun May 26, 2019 11:24 am

Hello, I have a 2007 Jeep Commander with navigation and Boston Acoustic system (car is US version) and want to upgrade my headunit, so I can use USB/SD card with MP3/FLAC files. About 2 years ago I bought all I need from PAC to connect the new headunit to my existing wiring and retain steering wheel controls. However, after reading some forums, it seems that I would like Maestro RR more and am thinking about buying one.
I want to use it with Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB [link] (not bought yet) and have a few questions:

1) Will Maestro RR work with this one?
2) Are connectors the same, will I be able to use the CH2 harness and proceed according to the instruction manual?
3) What about the iDataLink connection? Pioneer mentions in the installation manual [link] on page 3, that there is a bus connector on the rear side. Is this the same?
4) And last but not least, when flashing a firmware into Maestro RR, what headunit would I choose on your web page? It seems to list only US models of Pioneer headunits.

Thank you.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro RR + European Pioneer headunit?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 am

1 & 4) Yes, but only in a basic capacity, as we do not have a partnership with Pioneer Europe. You would flash it as '2009 and newer with bluetooth'.
2) Yes, you will need to use the CH2
3) Because your radio is not north american, you will not use this connector.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

zoom
New User

Re: Maestro RR + European Pioneer headunit?

Post by zoom » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello, thank you for the answer. I checked the "2009 and newer with Bluetooth" settings and compared with full for a specific radio. It seems, I would lose amplifier gain setting which I might need (as per this video). I now need to find out whether to live with this and buy a Pioneer headunit locally (i.e. easy solution) or if I want to go through the whole ordeal of ordering a headunit from the US.

To help me decide, I would like to ask the following: When you said that with EU Pioneer I would get just basic operating capacity, does this cover...
• Normal audio usage (i.e. all speakers playing, etc.)
• U-Connect (that means using the built-in Bluetooth system in Jeep, using microphone in rearview mirror)
• No issues with OEM backup camera (rewired, goes directly to the new headunit anyways)

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”