2013 Durango volume controls only go up

Alptbird
New User

2013 Durango volume controls only go up

Post by Alptbird » Fri May 24, 2019 8:24 pm

I have the RR and ch2 in my 13 Durango. For the first month it works as planned. But I got in the other day and tried to turn the volume down via steering wheel. And the volume increases. And I would have to turn it down on the radio. That was cool for a day. Then it just started turning the volume up steady. It wouldn’t matter if I turned volume up on the radio or steering wheel it would just shoot up I could only stop by hitting volume down on the radio. So I figured it was the pioneer radio 2440nex. So I bought a kenwood excelon unit and reprogrammed the RR. Re installed new radio. A couple weeks passed and it was cool. But today the symptoms have returned. Volume is shooting up and the steering wheel volume goes up rather you touch up or down. So I bought a second radio for nothing. What can be done other than buy another 100$ RR and try again?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Durango volume controls only go up

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 am

Have you tried a reset of the RR yet? This can be done through the OEM Setup of the radio menu, under Maestro module. Past that, we need to see the light on the RR when this is happening. How many times does it blink when you hit volume down? And how many times does it blink when you hit volume up? If they're doing the same amount of blinks, it means we're seeing the 'volume up' code from the vehicle on two different buttons.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Alptbird
New User

Re: 2013 Durango volume controls only go up

Post by Alptbird » Fri May 31, 2019 2:13 pm

I am not ignoring the advice, I just got the vehicle back from getting some rear end work done. I have done a reset as you said and it still acts the same. historically i can reset and it is good for a month and then goes down hill from there. but all other features wore slick it is just the volume buttons I will remove the box at least enough to get the light info this weekend. I have a second RR at home waiting to go in if this is a RR issue, but if it is a vehicle issue it won't do any good.

Return to “CH2 radio replacement solution”