wires in ch1 package and rr

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
yycwrangler
New User

wires in ch1 package and rr

Post by yycwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 4:03 pm

so with the RR I and ch1 I seem to have a substantial amount of wire bundles. There is obviously the master wire bundle which I have connected to my new stereo harness. then there is a bundle with 18 wires connected to a mid size plug and nothing at the other end.

next is a really small bundle two wires back and white. small plug at on end and mid size plug at other. about 5" in length.

next a bundle with a red yellow and black wires. Plug at one end nothing at other end

next a bundle that is completely encased on black sleeve. wires include small gauge red/white/blue/red small plugs at either end.

lastly two bundles that have headphone type jacks at one end and small plug at other.. one also has a blue with green strip.

going in 2014 Jeep Wrangler jk - pioneer act c2500nex

help. please..cheers Al

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: wires in ch1 package and rr

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Follow the install guide- the only things you'll need are the CH1, the data cable, and the audio cable. Everything else is extra.

EDIT: With the radio you're using, you will NOT use the data/audio cables. You will use the 4-pin blue plug instead.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

yycwrangler
New User

Post by yycwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 7:26 pm

That's great to know..Thank you for the info. When you say the data cable, I'm assuming that is the big cable that I connect to the stereo harness.

And the audio cable would be the one with the RCA jacket and blue wire

I guess also for my back up camera I would need the brown plug on the other harness

Cheers
Al

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 pm

The data cable is the one that came with the RR that has a small black 4 pin connector on both ends. The audio cable is the one that came with the RR that has a small 3 pin black connector on one end and a headphone type/3.5mm jack on the other
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”