DSR1 bootloop

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
ndinadis
New User

DSR1 bootloop

Post by ndinadis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:54 pm

I have had my unit installed since the fall of last year in a 2018 mustang.
I had a randomly occuring issue where the speakers would go quiet and then loud POP. I could not figure it out but figured it may have something to do with my remote turn on taken from the cars backup camera. I also had a rare issue (happened twice I think) where it would start popping and just keep going. About a week ago I ordered the 4M extension and moved the DSR1 from the stock amp location to the trunk. While doing this I also switched the amps remote turn on to remote out from the DSR1. I gained a turn on pop after doing this and tried butting in a PAC TR-4 to delay the turn on but it hasn't helped. I have not had the random pop since either.
What I have had now two days in a row is the continued, except with the new turn on and delay I do not get a pop. I can tell the DSR1 is rebooting over and over. I tried connecting with the app and it very briefly does and then looses connection when it reboots. Today this happened about 15 min and then the sound came back. Yesterday I pulled over turned off the car and when restarted it worked.
I forgot to add this is using the ford The harness and I am on the newest updated from both companies.
Is my unit failing or what can be causing this?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: DSR1 bootloop

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:59 pm

What is the light on the DSR1 doing when it reboots? If you meter the blue/yellow wire on our harness, is the power dropping out, or staying a constant voltage?
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ndinadis
New User

Post by ndinadis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 am

The unit is in the trunk so I cannot see it, I have monitored the built in voltage gauge in the car and it remains stable.
Happened again today 3rd day in a row. Sound cut out at nearly the same place and came back on the offramp of the highway. Interesting I take a different way home and it functioned for nearly an hour drive both days home.

ndinadis
New User

Post by ndinadis » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Unit did not reboot the drive home wed, I went out for dinner that night though and it did for ~4-5 min and then came back, I was unable to pull over where I was to look at the lights.
This morning it did not do it.
Turn on pop is still intermittent and louder then initial.
What else can I do to eliminate that (already have the TR-4 delaying amp turn on)

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:53 pm

There should be a setting in the Perfect Tune app that can add a delay to alleviate the turn-on pop.

Are you able to replicate this issue when you're not driving, or have someone watch the light fo ryou? I'm afraid you will miss what the light is doing if you have to stop, get out, and get into the trunk.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

ndinadis
New User

Post by ndinadis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 pm

I have not been able to find a setting in the perfect tune app to add delays
I have no way of replicating it as it seems to occur randomly, when it does happen it goes for several minutes so I should be able to see it.

ndinadis
New User

Post by ndinadis » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:12 pm

I already replied to this but it doesnt seem to have gone through?

I have searched and cannot find any delay options in the perfect tune app or instructions for it online.
I actually think it may be more complex. Ive noticed that the DSR1 has lights on when the cars off (changing between blue and white if I remember) but yesterday I noticed that when entering the car without starting it immediately that I heard a turn on pop (car not on or in accessory) after starting the car there was no pop.
I also noticed when I arrived home that after turning the car off and opening the door (door is what stops the radio from playing) a couple seconds later I heard a turn off pop.

Would it make sense to change the power from the T harness to the Amps? Do I need an alternate turn on (other then from the DSR1)

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:13 pm

We have recently updated the firmware for this vehicle; Can we make sure all of your firmwares are up to date?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Maestro DSR1”