Rear Entertainment not working

pktrusty
New User

Rear Entertainment not working

Post by pktrusty » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello,

I have a 2010 Cadillac Escalade Premium. I upgraded the stereo to a Kenwood DDX395. I am using the Maestro RR, GM5+, iDatalink HRN-AV-GM5. Originally, I did not have the AV-GM5 harness. I pulled out the maestro RR this weekend, reflashed it and installed with the AV harness.

I checked the screen fuse and it is fine. Am I missing something? I am starting to go crazy and all the installation diagrams I have found do not include the integration of the AV. It appeared to be a pretty straight forward install.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: Rear Entertainment not working

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:04 pm

Does the screen itself backlight, and no video image? Which set of RCAs coming from the AVGM5 do you have connected to what on the radio itself? The RCAs marked "to overhead" are what should be connected to the video output from the radio.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

pktrusty
New User

Post by pktrusty » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 pm

The screen does not turn on at all. I have the overhead plugged into the Video out.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 pm

On the green 10 pin connector that connects to the RR, there is a blue/white and blue/yellow wire that are next to one another. Strip a little bit of each of those wires back and put a piece of jumper across them and check your overhead monitor and see if it turns on. The wires need to remain intact, just put the jumper across them.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”