2015 Honda CR-V 7" unit

Yawd
New User

2015 Honda CR-V 7" unit

Post by Yawd » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello. I successfully installed a Kenwood DNX875S with Maestro RR/ HO2. My primary issue is that I lost parking/ dash lighting. Dash light will stay on while car is completely off. Once car ACC or IGN power on and Head Unit initialize with Maestro RR, the dash lighting goes off. Also receiving false door opening reading. No TPMS reading. Lane watch camera doesn't activate with turn signal or OEM push button on turn signal switch. There was no setting for that push button in the Maestro flash.
PS. Lane Cam is connected thru Lane watch RCA, Back-up camera to Rear Cam RCA and Dash Cam to HU AV-In(as per Kenwood).

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2015 Honda CR-V 7" unit

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

What did you hook our orange wire to? Do you have access to a meter? If so, please meter DC voltage on our orange wire and see what it gives. It should give 12 volts when the parking lights are on, and nothing when they are off. If this is reversed, there is a likelihood that the output in the maestro could be blown.

Does the gauges feature on the radio work, or does it give you an error?

We do not support TPMS in this vehicle, so this is normal.

The camera's settings are under Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Maestro Settings > Camera Settings - Make sure you have the camera assignment and lane watch settings configured correctly.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Yawd
New User

Post by Yawd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks or your response. The Orange wire is connected to radio Illumination. Also, there is a very long 20awg orange wire on your system with no designation or at the least, no mention of it. I won't be able to touch the car until tomorrow.
The gauges works on the radio except for TPMS which you said isn't supported but the gauge give incorrect doors, hood and trunk reading(randomly). It say they're open when they are closed.

I did all possible setting for the Lane Cam but with the same result. It just won't come on with the turn signal or push button switch. The Cam shows with lines and all but I have to access it manually.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 pm

The lane watch camera needs to be plugged into the front camera input for it to work properly.

See the attached image. On this plug, did you connect the black 6-pin connector?
HO2 cam plug.jpg
On the install diagram, it shows the orange/red and it says "NC" (not connected).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Yawd
New User

Post by Yawd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm

The Lane Cam is in Front Cam input. Black 6pin is connected also. I used Pg.115 for install Ref.

I did not use the orange/red wire cause it said NC. Was that suppose to be connected to something not stated?

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Yawd wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 pm

I did not use the orange/red wire cause it said NC. Was that suppose to be connected to something not stated?
No, the install guide is correct. You mentioned it, so i wanted to make sure to clarify that it should not be connect to anything.

Otherwise, just waiting to hear back about what kind of voltage reading we get from the RR's orange wire.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Yawd
New User

Post by Yawd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I rang 12v at the OR/WHT Illum wire at the RR, On with the switch Off with the switch. However, I flashed the RR to a F150 and back to the CRV with same result until I initialized the radio again then after a while communicating with the radio , the systems seem to integrate and now working well. Still no Lane Cam on with the RH turn signal. RR system setting says "Right turn signal not detected" while it's flashing unlike reverse and others that are detected. I will monitor the system for a few days and report back.

(Like OEM, can you make a software fix that also allow Lane Cam activation from the side button on turn signal switch?)

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm

When you get the message 'turn signal not detected', if you tap the text, does it give you a pop-up menu with a line of code? Can you snap a picture of that for us?

Also, now that you re-flashed, let's make sure you camera settings are configured properly. The camera's settings are under Setup > AV > OEM Setup > Maestro Settings > Camera Settings - Make sure you have the camera assignment and lane watch settings configured correctly, or the side camera will never trigger, even if you hit the button on the headlight switch.

If you manually go to the front camera, do you see an image of the lanewatch camera?
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Yawd
New User

Post by Yawd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:29 pm

All my Camera settings are as you described. Connected as follows:-Dash Cam RR = Lane Cam
Back Up Cam RR input = Reverse Cam
I also have a Dash Cam but that go straight to AV Input of radio. Lane Camera come on manually when I tap between Rear and Front Cam in the camera setting but does nothing when turn signal is activated. RR recognised turn signal input but image doesn't appear on screen. * Turn signal code = 0AF87010, Again, I can manually access the Lane Cam. Another issue I found is that when the radio is on and playing, I get severe signal lost when headlights are turned on. I am not a big fan of radio but it's something I observe during troubleshooting.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Do you have a factory amplifier? Or did you add an amplifier when you installed the radio?

On the camera assignment setting, make sure that you have it set to side view camera. Also, in the setting called "lanewatch camera", make sure 'on with turn signal' is set to ON. That is the setting that triggers the screen to switch, so if you missed that one, that could cause this issue.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Yawd
New User

Post by Yawd » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm

No factory or after market Amp. Just the radio with the brand radio dash Cam. All my settings are as you're indicating. I tried attaching pictures but having no success.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:50 am

You need to host the photos somewhere, like imgur, google drive, or photobucket to share them here.

Our engineer bench tested this yesterday just to make sure our current firmware doesn't have an issue, and it worked as it should. If you could post pictures of how your settings are configured, that would be really helpful.

As for the audio, it runs from the radio out to the car. The audio does not go through the maestro, so it could possibly be a poor ground or some of your audio wires are running too closely to power lines, inducing noise.
Dara DeGrand
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “HO2 radio replacement solution”