Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX backup camera screen is black after driving for a period of time

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
sundogbc
New User

Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX backup camera screen is black after driving for a period of time

Post by sundogbc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:59 pm

2012 Ram 1500
Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX
Maestro RR + CH1 + AVCH1 + NAV2 + SAT1
Rydeen CM-CKH (non-OEM) backup camera

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the installation because when everything starts up the camera view does work when I shift into reverse and when I turn on camera view.

But after a period of time, anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more, the camera view is completely black. Because of the various products involved (camera, RR, AVIC) I don't know which of them is causing the problem. I'm guessing it's the camera because it is on the inexpensive side but is there any possibility the problem is with the RR and the camera feed?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX backup camera screen is black after driving for a period of time

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:15 pm

The RR doesn't do anything with the backup camera, in that it doesn't supply it power or do anything with the video signal itself. The only thing we do is tell the radio when the vehicle is in reverse so it can switch to the backup image automatically when backing up.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”