Asd RR Two red flashing lights

Tkrzeski
New User

Asd RR Two red flashing lights

Post by Tkrzeski » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:14 pm

-2006 Ford Explorer V6
-Pioneer MVH 1400NEX
- FO1 T harness

I believe all wiring is correct I have the obdII plugged in in when I perform the reset I have al but the power harness plugged in and hold the button plug it in and I get a green light for a second or two then two flashing red lights intermittently.

When I turn my ignition on or off the deck stays on and I have to disconnect the power from the back(assuming it doesn’t turn off minutes after with the lights when they dim) normally it turns off when I open the door when the key is out of the ignition.

I have done the reset, I’m assuming the wiring is wrong or I have the wrong connectors in place like the blue and yellow with the phone jack I’m not sure if that’s needed or not.

I see that the car support and features are grey out and doesn’t seem to work along with any of the steering wheel controls.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Asd RR Two red flashing lights

Post by billr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am

there are a couple things to check:
1) Is the Explorer amplified? (subwoofer in the back)? If not, on the FO1 harness, is there anything plugged into the small gray 8 way harness (it has 2 rca's on it) that would be going to the vehicles wire harness? If there is please unplug it and test again.
2) When you flashed the Maestro unit, make sure that you selected the MVH 1400NEX and not the AVH 1400NEX
3) Another thing to look for is when the radio is on go to the General or About screen and look for the radio's serial/device number and verify it is the same as what you inputted during the flash.

any of these could cause issues that you are experiencing.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Tkrzeski
New User

Post by Tkrzeski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 am

So I reflashed the module as I did use the wrong model and still got the two flashing ref lights, but upon resetting it and hooking it up initially it stayed solid green then flashed twice green very quickly.

I’m thinking maybe my wiring is missing cables or my control wire setup caused me confusion.

For my setup do I need the 3.5mm jack cord plugged into anything from the RR? Or do I even use the blue port next to it that also has this jack making with what looks like a second control wire.

I was not to sure on this step and could also be the cause.
Last edited by Tkrzeski on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tkrzeski
New User

Post by Tkrzeski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 am

Also there is not a sub that I’m aware of but may have one 6X9 speaker in the trunk cargo area but nothing besides stock speakers. Those rca cables are tied off.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Did you ever get the radio staying on issue resolved? Also, you will not be using the blue 4 pin connector from the RR that has the single wire and the 3.5mm jack on it. It's kind of hard to make out what is and isn't working at this point for you, and it would probably be best to call in and speak to one of our techs in real time to help you thru your install.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm

I believe we spoke on the phone earlier today, and a reset of the RR fixed it.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Tkrzeski
New User

Post by Tkrzeski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm

So it was working fine for a day then I realized that the temp steering wheel controls did not work. Most importantly when the stereo comes on before the boot up screen it stays on the back up camera and can’t change anything! I’ve been told that the flash failed and to reflash it under a different make and model then flash it again to the correct specs.

I did that and no change, after a few more attempts to flash the radio acts normal without any maestro features enabled. This seems like a lot of work for a radio but I’m sure it can be handled.

I also ordered a new maestro just in case to try that if it’s hardware

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:15 am

Make sure your radio firmware is up to date. Also, the temp buttons were not part of the radio circuit, so the maestro has no control over their function.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Tkrzeski
New User

Post by Tkrzeski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

I just ordered a new module which I’ll have today and call you. It may of been that but within the hour I’m gonna do one solid flash and call you for the setup! I understand the temp controls were on my end and fixed that.

Tkrzeski
New User

Post by Tkrzeski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 pm

I did radio firmware check and it is up to date

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”