2016 Tundra KENWOOD DNX694S Random Chime

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
DavidSpearman
New User

2016 Tundra KENWOOD DNX694S Random Chime

Post by DavidSpearman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:04 pm

I have a huge problem. While I’m driving (never when parked in driveway) I will hear this chime or beep through my speakers. Not overly loud but just enough to be a problem. More of a chime sound than beep. I can’t figure out how to turn it off or stop it. Tried setting in The radio and everywhere else. I will also note that my truck doesn’t seem to make any sort or beep or chime when a door opens. Please help me fix this. Also why are some of the icons grayed out when using the iPhone 10? I have the newest firmware on both the radio and Maestro RR. Thanks!

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2016 Tundra KENWOOD DNX694S Random Chime

Post by Zack Flynn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:24 pm

Do you have the audio cable connected from the RR to the back of the Kenwood? (3 pin black connector to headphone jack) If so disconnect that and see if your beep goes away. I suspect it isn't anything related to the RR, but this would be the only way we would be providing any kind of audio to the radio.

As far as the icons that are grayed out, what icons are they? Not all icons are available for all vehicle/firmware applications. When they are systems that are not applicable they are grayed out like you see.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

DavidSpearman
New User

Post by DavidSpearman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 am

No I do not have any 3.5 / rca plugged into the back of the head unit. The only wire I had connected but then disconnected (per maestro phone tech support) was the yellow green wire (steering wheel control) they said I didn’t need it because the data cable handled the steering wheel control.
Here’s what doesn’t show up:
Icons for the following:
BT Streaming
Phone
One other I’m forgetting but not important
Satellite icon (not Sirius it works fine)
Then there are the ones I know I should have like backup assist and radar.
I would think that phone would show up. The only way I can make a call thru the radio is to plug it in via USB port and then use the phone.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:11 pm

The BT streaming and Phone icons that are grayed out, are they in the main radio sources section or in the car/OEM sources section? If the latter, those will not be available because they are not sources that we retain on your vehicle. If they are in the main radio sources, that means the phone isn't connected to the radio VIA BT for those two systems, only USB for things like carplay.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “Toyota”