MaestroRR Mini-USB Cable Unique?

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
BADsDAD
New User

MaestroRR Mini-USB Cable Unique?

Post by BADsDAD » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi all,
I no longer have the mini-USB cable that came with my MUS-1 kit with MaestroRR.
I just upgraded my steering wheel in my Mustang and would like to re-program the Maestro to use the controls, but I have tried several mini-USB cables and none of them seem to work.
Is there something unique about the cable that comes with the MaestroRR?
If so, where can I order one?
If not, is it because all I have is Win10 (64bit) IE versions to run the activeX updater on?

I suspect the cable is unique as when I plug in the unit, nothing at all happens in Windows Device Manager or otherwise to indicate that any device is recognized by the OS.

Thanks!!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: MaestroRR Mini-USB Cable Unique?

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 am

The cable is not special; it is a standard mini usb. The RR will not be able to detect on the computer if it still has power from the car. To get it to detect, you will either need to disconnect the RR from the t-harness, pull the main radio fuse, or disconnect the car's battery.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

BADsDAD
New User

Post by BADsDAD » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm

ah. Thank you! I'll give that a shot.

BADsDAD
New User

Post by BADsDAD » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:33 am

Just wanted to report back and say that this worked just fine and to say thanks! I still have one outstanding issue from another older thread, but I'll report back on that one there.

jmanh2c
New User

Post by jmanh2c » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Hello,

I am trying to flash my MaestroRR but it keeps saying it cant find my hardware and to connect usb. I have it plugged in, computer recognizes when I plug in the usb. Do you have any tips resolving this?

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 am

In Internet Explorer go to the top right of the screen, under the X to close the page there is a gear icon (Tools), click that.
Go down to Internet Options
Click on the tab at the right that says "Advanced"
At the bottom of the page, right above the OK, Cancel, and Apply there is a rectangle box that has "Reset...", click that
It's going to ask you are you sure, say yes, but don't click the box that says "Delete person settings"
It should give you 3 green checks when done then you click Close.
It may ask you to restart your computer, you don't have to do that, just click the X to close it
Go back to our website and click the "Flash your module"
It should show you the weblink download page again but there should be a pop-up at the bottom that asks you to run an Active X program from ADS, click "Allow"
You should have a "Detecting Hardware" come up and then should ask you to select your vehicle.

If after all that it doesn't work please give us a call.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

jmanh2c
New User

Post by jmanh2c » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 am

I did the steps you asked, it did everything you said but still said no hardware detected. I was going to try a different computer but I had updates for my laptop so i installed those and restarted computer a couple times and it worked. I noticed in the device management when i plugged in the module it said unknown device, and when it finally worked it didnt say that anymore. Thank you for your quick responses as always. I am installing his into a 04 Mazda rx8 which doesnt have a harness for it so i may be back for help if i get lost. Thank you again.

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 am

Glad it worked. those pesky updates are always throwing a wrench into the system...gotta love Windows....
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”