2014 Corolla - no daytime running lights

maalth
New User

2014 Corolla - no daytime running lights

Post by maalth » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:42 am

I installed a Pioneer AVH-2440NEX using both the TO1 harness and RR Maestro. The daytime running lights worked prior to installing the radio. Once I installed the radio, the DRL stopped working. I used Techstream (Toyota's diagnostic software) to verify and confirm the lights work properly (they do). I reset the RR Maestro twice via the radio and the problem still isn't fixed. I'm running out of ideas and I really would like these lights working.

Details of my vehicle:
2014 Toyota Corolla L (6 speed manual)
Base stereo (no nav, no touchscreen, no camera)
No automatic lights, but DRL are manually activated.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2014 Corolla - no daytime running lights

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:31 pm

When you say they were manually turned on, do you mean from the headlight switch or from the factory radio? Any settings that were accessed thru the factory radio are now in the vehicle customization section of the pioneer radio. Go to the settings menu of the pioneer, then the Vehicle/OE settings section, then vehicle customization.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

maalth
New User

Post by maalth » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:42 pm

When you say they were manually turned on, do you mean from the headlight switch or from the factory radio? Any settings that were accessed thru the factory radio are now in the vehicle customization section of the pioneer radio. Go to the settings menu of the pioneer, then the Vehicle/OE settings section, then vehicle customization.

-- To answer your question. The lights don't turn on at the headlight switch at all. Toyota Techstream is diagnostic software to diagnose, Toyota, Scion, and Lexus vehicles. I tested the daylight running lights function via the software and it works as it should. I went through the settings of the pioneer and the daytime running lights are listed as "on", but I'm not allowed to change any settings in the radio's menus. I for grins and giggles reset the maestro again and I still have no daytime running lights.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:46 am

Just to clarify; when you have the OEM radio installed, do you turn the DRLs on in the radio? Or is there another place to do it? I believe that is what Zack was trying to ask.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

maalth
New User

Post by maalth » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 pm

No, DRLs are turned turned on via the headlight switch on the car. The problem is that once I installed the new radio, I have no DRLs at all. The original radio has no control over the DRLs.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:22 pm

It is very doubtful that the DRLs have anything to do with the radio circuit. Have you tried re-installing the OEM radio as a quick test to see if the DRLs come back? If they don't, it's a coincidence; i would check fuses for that circuit, to start.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “TO1 radio replacement solution”