2012 Ford F-150 Maestro RR steering wheel controls not working.

Group using the FO1 and FO2 firmware for Ford SYNC retention * see specific firmware for full feature list.
Swimmer.chris
New User

2012 Ford F-150 Maestro RR steering wheel controls not working.

Post by Swimmer.chris » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi I have a Ford F-150 2012 with ford sync. I am trying to install a 2330nex using the f01 harness. I have installed it and flashed the maestro multiple times and only a few controls work. The radio works beautifully no issues there. I wanted to eliminate sync so on my flash I took sync Bluetooth and sync media off. I have green lights on the maestro and they flash when I push button on the steering column. The only buttons that do work are the long press buttons for the gauge and vehicle info screens on the radio. When I installed the radio the first time testing it everything worked but the buttons I turned off the car turned it back on them the buttons worked for a while then I I heard a series of beeps and the buttons stopped working. I’ve reset module, I’ve reflashed nurmeous times, I’ve pulled the fuse on sync to see if it was interfering didn’t work. I tried turning sync on in the maestro flashing and that didn’t work. I’m not sure what else to try. Could someone please help me with this ? Your tech support isn’t open til tomorrow I would like to get this fixed and my dash put back together.

Thanks!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Ford F-150 Maestro RR steering wheel controls not working.

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:57 am

If you have something plugged into the W/R port of the radio, remove it. This would cause the steering wheel controls to work intermittently.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

casey8981
New User

Post by casey8981 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:11 pm

Swimmer.chris wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Hi I have a Ford F-150 2012 with ford sync. I am trying to install a 2330nex using the f01 harness. I have installed it and flashed the maestro multiple times and only a few controls work. The radio works beautifully no issues there. I wanted to eliminate sync so on my flash I took sync Bluetooth and sync media off. I have green lights on the maestro and they flash when I push button on the steering column. The only buttons that do work are the long press buttons for the gauge and vehicle info screens on the radio. When I installed the radio the first time testing it everything worked but the buttons I turned off the car turned it back on them the buttons worked for a while then I I heard a series of beeps and the buttons stopped working. I’ve reset module, I’ve reflashed nurmeous times, I’ve pulled the fuse on sync to see if it was interfering didn’t work. I tried turning sync on in the maestro flashing and that didn’t work. I’m not sure what else to try. Could someone please help me with this ? Your tech support isn’t open til tomorrow I would like to get this fixed and my dash put back together.

Thanks!
Hi Chris,

I have the same issue. Did you find a fix to this? I was thinking maybe I need to used different firmware version?

Thanks

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:38 pm

It's very unlikely that it's firmware related. If you are still having issues getting it going, give us a call at the support line in my signature when you're in the truck and we can troubleshoot with you.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda”