2010 gmc sierra/ pioneer 2440 nex

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
cfrazie8
New User

2010 gmc sierra/ pioneer 2440 nex

Post by cfrazie8 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 am

I have the pioneer 2440 nex and the maestro RR with GM5+ harness. First off I'm as confused on radios as I can get. I have everything hooked up. The HU powers on and music will play through the FM tuner but that's it.

My steering wheel controls worked for maybe 2 minutes and they aren't working any longer.

The touch screen on my HU is ridiculously erratic. When I hit the home button it automatically goes to a screen saying no device. When I touch the screen, anywhere, it will switch back to the no device screen no matter what.

When I can get to the main screen (if I'm quick enough) and select sources my factory XM will pop up, display channels but there's no sound.

I used crutchfields wiring service and it looks great and I assume its correct but there seems to be a lot of extra wires they didn't connect (maybe they aren't needed but only one out of a few of the wiring packages say DO NOT USE on it) and the OBD2 connector has me confused as well. Ive read don't need it, but the online wiring diagram from maestro says to connect it...very vaguely.

Please help me, I am so confused and almost ready to send it all back and just sing to myself from now on. Thank you in advance.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 gmc sierra/ pioneer 2440 nex

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 am

Take the audio cable and move it from W/R to AUX on the back of the radio. This will solve the touch screen issue, steering wheel control problems, and no audio for OEM Satellite.

You DO need the OBD2 connector.

Make sure that the blue/white on the GM5 harness is connected to the blue/white of the pioneer.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”