Kenwood DMX905S Preset +/- ???

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
WJ Birmingham
New User

Kenwood DMX905S Preset +/- ???

Post by WJ Birmingham » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:27 pm

I just upgraded from a Pioneer 4200NEX.

With the 4200NEX, I was able to do a short push on the seek up/down buttons to change the frequency manually, and do a long hold to change up/down on the preset stations.

Likewise, in USB input mode, I could use the same buttons to go up/down on the tracks, and then a long hold up/down to change the folders. All was good.

Now, with the DMX905S, I'm finding that I can configure the USB controls to mimic the track/folder selection, but there's no means to do the same on the radio? The folder +/- selection is mated to FM/Sat & AM?

How does one perform a long hold on the Track Up/Preset Up or Track Down/Preset Down buttons to get the preset to change? All I can get it to do is to seek, which is not what I need/want.

Does the Maestro not have the ability to send signal to change radio presets? If not, why?

WJ Birmingham
New User

Re: Kenwood DMX905S Preset +/- ???

Post by WJ Birmingham » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Found my own answer after a RTFM session.

Seems that there's "Manual,"Auto1," and "Auto2"

Manual = Manually control the frequency.
Auto1 = Seek to next available station
Auto2 = Jump to next preset station

Now, my only lament is having 15 presets, and only 6 that I want to use. Would have been nice had Kenwood thought far enough ahead to allow us to turn off unused presets. Didn't find that while RTFM.

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”