2014 FJ Cruiser reverse light

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
cellude
New User

2014 FJ Cruiser reverse light

Post by cellude » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm

2014 FJ Cruiser manual transmission, Maestro RR, T01 harness, Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX

Everything works great including the steering wheel controls but the last thing that I can not get to work is the reverse light trigger (purple/white) to trigger the headunit to switch to backup camera mode. I can manually select the headunit to camera mode and see the camera. The multimeter does not show 12V when in reverse and seems to stay at .02V. I have the latest firmware installed.

In reading the Jeep forums there does seem to be a difference in the way reverse works in manual transmissions. Not sure if this is the same case in FJ's.

Thanks for the help!

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 FJ Cruiser reverse light

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:03 am

In most manual transmission vehicles, the gear position is not reported on the data lines, so we don't have a way of generating the reverse output for you. You will need to hook up the radio's purple/white to a reverse wire in the car.

Connected to the fuse box by the drivers kick panel is a 16 pin plug. One of those wires in the plug is red/yellow. That is the backup light circuit wire.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”