Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Steering Wheel & Radio Replacement Combo
Post Reply
afarley
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 am

Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by afarley » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello, I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla (6 speakers if that matters) and the Kenwood DDX 9704 stereo with a Maestro RR. I've noticed sometimes that the steering wheel controls will stop responding unless I press a volume button on the stereo and then about 80% of the time it will restore the steering wheel controls. The other 20% of the time I just have to wait. The last time I updated the firmware on this was in July of this year. Is there another firmware update out that I need to apply or do I possibly have something faulty? I did install with a idatalink vehicle specific harness so the only connections I had to make were to the stereo itself which only consisted of the power, E-brake wire, illum wire, and speakers. And the idatalink connects via the serial cable provided in the kit.

JustinFerroni
ADS Team
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Re: Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by JustinFerroni » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:59 pm

couple things to verify
1-is the radios firmware up to date from Kenwood? if not go ahead and complete that
2-is there anything connected to the blue/yellow wire of the Kenwood? disconnect it if so
3-is there anything plugged into the 4pin blue port of the MRR? disconnect it if so
Justin Ferroni
Technical Support Specialist- Maestro
T: 514.807.2888
TF: 866.427.2999

afarley
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 am

Re: Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by afarley » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Thanks Justin. I won't be able to tear my dash apart until tomorrow but I appreciate the quick response. I'll report back with what I find.

afarley
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 am

Re: Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by afarley » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Looks like Kenwood has a firmware update available that could possibly improve this. Their changelog is less descriptive than the Facebook app's so I won't know for a day or two but I'm going to give that a shot first .

afarley
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 am

Re: Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by afarley » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 pm

Had the new Kenwood firmware on here for a while and it seems to have fixed this issue along with how my Android Auto would randomly disconnect.

JustinFerroni
ADS Team
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Re: Steering wheel controls will stop responding

Post by JustinFerroni » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:25 pm

awesome, glad it is up and running
Justin Ferroni
Technical Support Specialist- Maestro
T: 514.807.2888
TF: 866.427.2999

Post Reply

Return to “Maestro RR/RR2”