2012 Ford Expedition stereo,speakers, amp install

Cpmitchell1
New User

2012 Ford Expedition stereo,speakers, amp install

Post by Cpmitchell1 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 pm

I have a 2012 Ford Expedition Limited with sync, factory sub and no navigation.

I have been getting conflicting numbers. Does my vehicle have 1 or 2 factory amps? I know there is at least one running the sub in the rear but is there one up front for the door speakers?

I have a Pioneer Avic 7200nex, a Pioneer GM-D9605 5 channel amp and I am installing new door speakers. Can I use the amp’s 8 wire speaker input harness that goes directly to the hu vs. having to use rca cables and run separate door speaker wires? If so do I splice into the hu speaker wire harness and make a three way connection into the F01 harness or something else?

The amp instructions say I do not need to use the blue remote turn on wire if connecting the hu and amp with the amp to hu speaker wires harness. Does this sound right?

Thank you for your time
Chad

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2012 Ford Expedition stereo,speakers, amp install

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:48 am

I only see one amplifier; the schematic shows its location as 'under center dash'.

No matter how you wire it, you will need to bypass the existing amplifier first. Then you can install the amplifier however you wish. You could feed high level signal (speaker wires) to the new amp, or you could use RCAs to the new amplifier, and hook the speaker wire outputs of the new amp to the output side of the OEM amplifier. At that point, you wouldn't need to hook up the amp turn-on wire of the FO1 harness; you would simply hook the radio's amp turn-on wire to your new amplifier.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “FO1 radio replacement solution”