No Sound Using DSR1 Pre-Amp Setup via PAC AmpPro 4

8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module
Post Reply
jriptide
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm

No Sound Using DSR1 Pre-Amp Setup via PAC AmpPro 4

Post by jriptide » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm

After upgrading my stereo I am unable to get sound out of the DSR1. See upgrade diagram attached.

Link to Diagram of Stereo Setup
https://photos.app.goo.gl/x6peXfhSzfuzeczE9

I am attempting to upgrade my stereo setup in my RAM truck. The system I am upgrading already utilizes a DSR1 that connects to an 8 channel amp. The amp connected to the 2 dash speakers, 2 front door speakers, 2 rear door speakers, and a sub bridged two channels.


I want to change the front to 3-way component speakers which will include 2 dash speakers (mid-range), 2 tweeters in door sails, and 2 mid-woofers in lower front doors, as well as keep the 2 full ranges in rear doors. To do this I needed to introduce a PAC AmpPro (AP4-CH31) this allowed me to add a second amp to power the sub-woofer and retain the 8 channel DSR1 going to the 8 channel amp for the speakers.

After removing the T-Harness and connecting the DSR1 to the pac front and rear pre-amp out puts I am unable to get sound. I have tested the PAC and amp by bypassing the DSR1 and going direct from the PAC to the amp and I get sound. I have also test ed the modified RCA connectors that connect to the DSR1 and I get a signal. I have upgraded the DSR1 firmware to the latest tried both the Universal Connnector Configuration and T-Harness Configuration but no sound. When I updated the Firmware to the Universal Connection I also lost Bluetooth connectivity.

Hence it looks like the DSR1 is either not working correctly or needs a custom configurtation. Please advice on how I should proceed. Again I have put together a diagram of how I set up the new system which is attached.

Please advise on recommendation on how to get the DSR1 to work or if it needs to be replaced?

User avatar
billr
ADS Team
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 am

Re: No Sound Using DSR1 Pre-Amp Setup via PAC AmpPro 4

Post by billr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:36 am

With the DSR1 always make sure that it has been updated both from our website and the Rockford Fosgate website, and when on our website make sure you do the BLE Bluetooth update also (it's right under the "Start Configuration" box).
You will just need to run the DSR1 in a universal mode since the PAC piece is interfacing with the truck. This way the DSR1 just takes a regular audio signal in from the PAC piece and sends it to the output channels that you have designated in the Perfect Tune app. It's the most basic of how the DSR1 works since there is no interfacing with the vehicle.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

jriptide
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: No Sound Using DSR1 Pre-Amp Setup via PAC AmpPro 4

Post by jriptide » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks for the response,

Note I did update the DSR1 to latest Rockford firmware update (1.7.3.0) and flashed with the latest configuration firmware (via Weblink) for the Universal Harness I do not get the option for the Bluetooth update so I assume it is already updated. As noted the DSR1 worked fine when I used the T-Harness in the original configuration, but does not work at all with the new setup using the Universal connection via a PAC AmpPro.

User avatar
billr
ADS Team
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:18 am

Re: No Sound Using DSR1 Pre-Amp Setup via PAC AmpPro 4

Post by billr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 pm

sounds like best bet is to swap the DSR1 out. maybe there is something internal that is just gone out causing it not to work in universal mode.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Post Reply

Return to “Maestro DSR1”