2006 Honda Pilot/Kenwood DNX994s install

Analog Steering Wheel Interface
EricT
New User

2006 Honda Pilot/Kenwood DNX994s install

Post by EricT » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 am

Hi guys

Just double checking a couple of points before I wire this up.

My lead going from the mastro SW to my kenwood head unit has the blue wire w green stripe that goes to my amp control line, but also has a male 3.5mm jack on it. My kenwood has a 3.5mm port labled idatalink. The wiring diagram on the site only mentions the blue/green wire and doesn't say anything about the jack. Tape it off and ignore it? Or plug it in? I assume that post is maybe used for a fancier module, like the AR.

I'm also installing a bypass wire on the parking side, just for the purpose of being able to program the nav while underway. Handy for road trips, my wife can punch in addresses while I drive or vice versa. No, I'm not watching movies while driving! Only reason I mention is the third wire of the bypass wires to the same bluegreen wire. Not running a separate amp in this setup.

Thanks guys!

billr
ADS Team

Re: 2006 Honda Pilot/Kenwood DNX994s install

Post by billr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:39 am

HI there! as for the 3.5mm jack coming off the SW, yes, tape it up, that is used in Pioneer/Sony radios
The bypass you are using doesn't get connected to the Blue/Yellow of the Kenwood. That is only for steering wheel control. MAke sure you read the instructions that the bypass comes with so you connect the wires correctly.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Return to “Maestro SW”