2013 Suburban JVC KW-V820 OEM Sirrus radio no sound

Group using the GM3 and GM5 firmware for Onstar bluetooth, sat radio, Door chime, turn signal retention and steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist... * see specific firmware for full feature list.
antonik1446
New User

2013 Suburban JVC KW-V820 OEM Sirrus radio no sound

Post by antonik1446 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:10 am

A JVC KW-V820 Radio Control head is installed in my 2013 Suburban. The unit was already installed when I purchased the vehicle. Ended up ripping out the RadioPro5 (RP5-GM31) and installing a Maestro RR. After the installation, sound quality was up 100%, was able to hear front and rear speakers along with the Sub which was missing before. My only problem now is i'm not getting any sound when I select the Sirrus/XM radio. I can see all the stations and what they are playing, but I'm not getting any sound. I've read a forum or two telling to connect a cable "D" from the Maestro box to the Idata I/F 3.5mm port/plug on the radio. this did not help. any suggestions as to why i'm not getting audio through from my OEM sirrus/xm radio.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2013 Suburban JVC KW-V820 OEM Sirrus radio no sound

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:41 am

As you stated above, the #1 reason for this is the audio cable not being plugged in, or connected to the wrong port of the radio. The other thing you can check is the black 10-pin plug on the RR (the same side as the red port) and make sure it is seated all the way. This is where the audio comes into the RR from the vehicle, so that would be the next thing to look at.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer”