2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD Bose/NoNav Sony AX210

lazypengu1n
New User

2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD Bose/NoNav Sony AX210

Post by lazypengu1n » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am

Issue with radio staying in backup mode when either in rear/camera view or parking sensor view. When reversing, radio senses reverse and switches the display correctly. When getting out of reverse and going into park or drive, the radio display will blink (blank out) for a second and return to the rear/camera or parking sensor view.

Details on the Maestro RR
Firmware version: 03.10+
Firmware name: ADS-RR(SR)-GM05-DS

Details on Radio
Model - AX210

Original Firmware that came with the radio.
MCU: 1.00.03
SOC: 1.00.03
This is when I noticed the issue and did the firmware upgrade listed by Sony.

Updated Firmware
MCU: 1.00.05
SOC: 1.00.05
Issue still persist. Same behavior.

Not sure if this is one of those cases where it is the issue with the firmware on the radio and needs to be addressed by Sony.

Another question is, I set the Up / Down Arrows (press) on the SWC to Preset +/-, the controls work when using GM XM and changes to the next pre-set station without any issues. Does not work when using CD player. No response when trying to skip to the previous track or next track.

Trying to figure this out, there is a menu in the radio that allows me to change from using Pre-Set SWC to Custom. When trying to assign custom controls, I hold the function to map. Radio accepts and asks to hold button down on SWC. When I try to assign, it switches the source when thought the source is set to the SRC button on the SWC.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD Bose/NoNav Sony AX210

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:29 am

If you meter the purple/white wire coming off of the RR, it should only give you 12v when you are in reverse. if it is doing that, and the radio screen is stuck on the backup camera (when there is no voltage on the purple/white), then it is definitely a radio firmware issue.

As for the steering wheel controls, it's the same story. We don't monitor what source the radio is in. We simply send the preset command when you hit the preset button. If the radio's firmware isn't coded to respond to preset in a certain source, it will likely just ignore it and do nothing.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

lazypengu1n
New User

Re: 2014 GMC Sierra 3500HD Bose/NoNav Sony AX210

Post by lazypengu1n » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 am

Updated, all is working now.

Tested and it turns out the Parking Interrupt set to ON caused the screen to return to Rear/Camera screen.
With the Parking Interrupt set to OFF, when getting out of reverse it switches back to the previous screen.

Thank you for taking the time and for the quick response.

Return to “GM5+ radio replacement solution”