2007 Durango Limited vehicle features

miner
New User

2007 Durango Limited vehicle features

Post by miner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2400NEX with Maestro RR. The kit made it easy to install and most functions worked right away. There are a couple of things missing that I thought would be there. The gauges page displays, but none of the gauges are active, and the tire pressures are missing. Should these features be present?

I didn't expect the VES to work, based on the description of the product, but the 10-pin plug that I think only goes to the VES has wires going to it. What signals are on those wires?

Overall, I'm very happy with the Maestro RR kit.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Re: 2007 Durango Limited vehicle features

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:12 pm

What kind of message do you get on the gauge page, if any? Are the gauges showing names and no values? And in the TPMS/vehicle information screen do you get dashes or NA where the tire pressures are? Are there green boxes around where the tires would be on the vehicle outline? Some vehicles will display basically a "good or bad" by the presence of the green or red box, and not have a numeric value that we are able to derive from the information given by the car.
Zack Flynn
Automotive Data Solutions
Technical Support & MECP Master Installation Technician
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

miner
New User

Post by miner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:25 pm

I found another thread that suggested a Maestro reset from the radio panel, and I did that. Now the gauges show information, and the door open indicators work, but the tire pressures show "NA". Also, the OBDII is missing. I'll appreciate any help you can give to get tire pressure indication and OBDII.

I think I found the answer regarding the 10 pin plug, C2. Apparently, there will be no consequence if I disconnect that plug, am I right? I found the VES audio signal on pins 4 and 8, with gnd on 7. It is a little lower level than I need, but it seems clean, so I'm going to build a little amp to go inline, and connect it to the A/V input.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:05 pm

NA means that we aren't getting the information from the vehicle on the CAN network for TPMS. Do you get any sort of indication from the vehicle if one of your tires is low, like in the instrument cluster?
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

miner
New User

Post by miner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:08 pm

I have 2 questions: The OBD2 functions have been working well, but recently, I get a message saying OBD2 Disconnected. But it is connected. I've checked the plug under the dash and the one behind the Maestro as well as the wire between. I see no problem. Any ideas?

I don't know how I missed it, but I see that the wiring harness includes a connector that fits the VES plug from the OEM DVD player. I connected it, but I don't know how to use it. It seems like the button that says "Car Sources" or something like that might be it, but that is dimmed. Is there a way to enable that?

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Do you have an other device connected to the OBD port? Like an insurance tracker or other interface? Those will interfere with our communication with the car.

The rear seat entertainment systems are not supported in any Chrysler vehicle applications other than the Caravan and it's twin models. The AVCH1 is only for backup camera on the other models.
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

miner
New User

Post by miner » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Nothing else is connected. I have a bluetooth OBD2 reader that I plug in now because I can't get readings from the Maestro, but it isn't plugged in when I'm trying to use the Maestro.

Zack Flynn
ADS Team

Post by Zack Flynn » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Are you plugged into the front of the OBD2 port with the supplied connector, or hardwired to the back of the wires? Have you tried doing the reset procedure since the gauges quit?
Zack Flynn
Zachary.flynn@adsdata.ca

Return to “CH2 radio replacement solution”