2007 FJ Cruiser w/o JBL + Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
RawheaD
New User

2007 FJ Cruiser w/o JBL + Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by RawheaD » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi, just got all the stuff from Crutchfield and replaced my FJ factory stereo with a Pioneer MVH-1400NEX; most of it went well, but I noticed a couple of things:

1) Although your instructions show that there should be a total of 4 harness cables that should connect to the system from the vehicle side, there were only three on the vehicle side (plus the radio antenna cable). There are four on the Meastro side, so one of the connectors is left dangling. Is this OK?

Of the four shown here, I know that the" secondary connector" (in my case, 20-pin) was present, and two more, although I don't know which 2 of the other three shown here.

2) My head unit doesn't seem to be recognizing the E-brake when pulled; this is necessary because the Pioneer head unit only allows the user to go into the Blue Tooth settings with the E-brake pulled. Per your reference chart, I did connect the Lt Green cable of the Maestro Rr to the Lt Green cable of the Pioneer.

Thanks for your help.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2007 FJ Cruiser w/o JBL + Pioneer MVH-1400NEX

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am

1) Yes. Some cars don't have all four plugs, so there is no cause for concern if you have an extra.

2) In older FJ cruisers, it is common that the parking brake signal isn't present on the data lines. If it isn't there, we can't tell the status of it to send it for you. In this case, you would need to hook up the Pioneer's light green wire directly to the single wire found at the parking brake.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Toyota”