remote start turns off

DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS SECTION CONTENT, ACCESS CAN ONLY BE GRANTED TO VERIFIED 12VOLT INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS.

Once you have complete your signature in your user profile, post an access request here. All request are manually validated.
Forum rules
HOW TO JOIN THE SUPPORT GROUP AND GAIN ACCESS TO THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM:

FIRST: YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE OF THE FORUM (CREATE A USER NAME AND PASSWORD)

SECOND: ONCE REGISTERED YOU WILL NEED TO ADD A COMPLETE SIGNATURE IN YOUR PROFILE (USER CONTROL PANEL/PROFILE/EDIT SIGNATURE) WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION: YOUR NAME, STORE NAME, STORE MAILING ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.

THIRD: PLEASE POST AN ACCESS REQUEST TO THE SUPPORT GROUP. FROM THIS POINT YOUR IDENTITY WILL BE MANUALY VALIDATED AND YOUR ACCESS GRANTED ONLY IF VALIDATION CAN BE COMPLETED.

DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS SECTION CONTENT, ACCESS TO THE SECTION CAN ONLY BE GRANTED TO VERIFIED 12VOLT INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS.

****IF YOUR USER NAME IS BLUE, YOU ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO THESUPPORT SECTION, AND DONT NEED TO REQUEST ACCESS*****

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENT JOINDRE LE GROUPE « SUPPORT » ET ACCÈDER À LA SECTION PRIVÉ DU FORUM:

PREMiÈREMENT: VOUS AUREZ BESOIN DE SUIVRE LA PROCÉDURE D'ENREGISTREMENT DU FORUM (créer un nom d'utilisateur et mot de passe)

DEUXIÈMEMENT: Une fois inscrit, vous devez ajouter une signature complète dans votre profil (CONTROL Panneau utilisateur / Profil / Modifier signature) avec les informations suivantes: Votre nom, NOM DE MAGASIN, ADRESSE POSTALE DU MAGASIN ET NUMÉRO DE TÉLÉPHONE.

TROISIÈMEMENT: Écrire une demande d'accès au groupe « SUPPORT ». Dans ce forum. Votre identité sera manuellement validé et l’ACCÈS sera accordée que si le processus de VALIDATION peut être accomplies.

EN RAISON DE LA NATURE DU CONTENU DE CETTE SECTION, Son accès sera accordé SEULEMENT aux professionnels de l'industrie.

**** SI VOTRE NOM D'UTILISATEUR EST BLEUE, vous avez déjà accès à la SECTION PRIVÉE et n'avez pas besoin de demander l'accès *****
ram15
New User

remote start turns off

Post by ram15 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:17 pm

I purchased my truck from a dealer and they installed a ADS remote starter in it. It came with zero paperwork, and I actually had to crawl under the dash to find out that much information. The only numbers I can find on it are on a sticker that reads BD5EAA93D2 AL (64) 1.24 then a date code.

My question is every time I open the door the truck shuts off as soon as I put the key in the ignition. The display reads no key in ignition. I then have to wait 10-15 seconds and start the truck. If i try sooner than that it acts as if the computer isn't seeing the key.

I also noticed that if I wait to insert the key the truck will shut off with in a few seconds regardless.

I asked the dealer if there is a way to remove this feature and was told he would have to get ahold of that department and he would let me know, and have yet to hear back after a month.

My questions are these, how do I know which model I have, as nothing is coming up under that number I found on the sticker. I am assuming the dealer provided the most economical model, as my key fob doesnt even seem to match any one I fond on the site.

What features are there for this model once we identify it

and Is there anyway to flash this device, or unhook the (assuming) dome light sensing wire to prevent it from shutting off every time you open a door. This is especially a pain in the North East when you forget and open your door to get out your ice scrapper. Plus this cant be good for the starter to be used twice as much as your normally would with a standard remote start device,.

Thank you

Murph
Site Admin

Re: remote start turns off

Post by Murph » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 pm

This section if for our dealers to request access to the dealer support group. We do not provide tech support here. Please feel free to contact tech support and they can explain how to properly use the system installed on your truck.

Support: 1.866.427.2999
Brian Murphy
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
ADS Tech Support
Automotive Data Solutions inc.
8400, Bougainville, Montreal, QC.
1-866-427-2999
support@idatalink.com

Return to “Support forum private section access request”