Using both aftermarket radio and amplifiers in 2019 tundra

Group using the TO1 and TO2 firmware * see specific firmware for full feature list.
budjb
New User

Using both aftermarket radio and amplifiers in 2019 tundra

Post by budjb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:40 pm

I have a JBL system currently that I'm not terribly pleased with, so I'm going to rip it all out and go all aftermarket. I'm going with the pioneer avic-w8400nex, and I'll be running some 5 channel amp.

I'm trying to figure out how to connect the maestro rr with an aftermarket amp and radio. The instructions for the to2 give options for no amp and for retaining factory amp, but not what I'm trying to do. In previous years, I'd just connect from the radio to the amp with RCA's. Do I even connect the rr to the radio at all? If so, how is door chime retained?

billr
ADS Team

Re: Using both aftermarket radio and amplifiers in 2019 tundra

Post by billr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 am

when you're installing an aftermarket amp you will connect it like you normally do, rca's from the radio go to aftermarket amp, the amp outputs go to the speakers. The radio speaker wire outputs get tapped up and not used.
now you do have to make sure when you flash the Maestro unit that you still select the radio trim that has JBL however in the OEM Systems to be retained section you want to uncheck the Factory Amp, this way we know that you are not using the JBL amp.

AS for your door chimes, they will continue to work like normal.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

budjb
New User

Re: Using both aftermarket radio and amplifiers in 2019 tundra

Post by budjb » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 am

Perfect, thanks so much!

Return to “Toyota”