Loss of Gauges

Patrikk
New User

Loss of Gauges

Post by Patrikk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:49 pm

I have a 2013 Rav4 with a Kenwood DDX 9703s. Replaced a usb extension and reflashed the maestro to latest firmware. It seemed to be quirky about getting some gauges to be available.Was hoping the new firmware would fix this. after a Master reset. and Validating PID's. No Gauges Work. the tool says it can scan ok. Returns a PID 000000000000.... Steering Wheel Controls work. Correctly tells status of Parking Brake/ Foot Brake /Gear /Illumination...... Ideas??

Thanks.

billr
ADS Team

Re: Loss of Gauges

Post by billr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:42 am

if you go to the Vehicle Information Screen with the vehicle running (the screen that shows you TPMS, if the doors are open, batt voltage...) does it say that the ignition is off?
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Patrikk
New User

Post by Patrikk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:07 pm

After a few tries, I did a successful hard reset, which returned the gauges, and screen which tells the Vin and the PID's seemed shows correctly. Strange thing though; If the car has been off for a while,when I return to the "Gauges" screen. There is no gauges input...in fact, I almost think it might have been connected briefly then disconnected,as if starting the gauges screen caused the disconnect. The screen shows "ignition is off" .This remain for 30 seconds or so, then the "ignition is off" disappears, everthing reconnects, and seems to stay that way until the ignition is turned off. Ideas??

On a separate note, during the flashing process, the webupdater asks if I am using the ut02, which connects the radio to the car's original usb port. My question is Why is there a selection for that? The UT02 plugs into the radio usb port, not the maestro unit.. Is the Maestro telling the radio to change it's own usb port somehow? Thanks

billr
ADS Team

Post by billr » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 am

hi there! I sent you a new firmware for you to use in your Rav4. You'll need to remove the RR and connect it to the computer like you did originally however you will need to go to the tab that says "Flash by User Firmware". in there will be a firmware that the RR will use. Then continue with the flash like normal. This should fix the ignition off issue.

As for the UTO2, we have that in the flash just as a reminder of what accessories are available. it has nothing to do with the flashing of the RR.
William (Bill) Repicky
Automotive Data Solutions Technical Support
MECP Master Certified
ASE A6 Certified
866-427-2999

Patrikk
New User

Post by Patrikk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Thanks. As I intend to do another hard reset when reconnect the Maestro again, is there a preferred order of reconnecting the connectors..or one that works better than the others..? I have a small green connector, a 4 pin black connector, a multi-pin black connector, and the 3 pin connector that goes to the radio. I think I had a bit better luck when I connected the multi-pin last.

Thanks again.

Patrikk

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:27 am

When you do a hard reset, the only important thing is that you hold the button as you plug in the power (heavy gauges 3 pin). After the reset is complete, it does not matter what order you connect the rest of the plugs.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Patrikk
New User

Post by Patrikk » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Just went to flash my Maestro, but there is no firmware under "Flash by user firmware"....??

And is this user firmware a patched version of the 2.4? The website is now only allowing downloads of the 2.2 version.....

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

I just checked and there should definitely be a firmware listed there, called "ADS-RR(SR)-TOY02-DS New Settings Detection Test V1 (512) 2.4". We attached it to your account, pch*****@hotmail.com
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “TO2 radio replacement solution”