2010 Subaru Legacy Maestro not working after re-flash

niemann47
New User

2010 Subaru Legacy Maestro not working after re-flash

Post by niemann47 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 pm

I have a Maestro RR that has been working great for the last year. I then decided I wanted to change the mapping of the SW controls and so I reconfigured and re-flashed the new mapping to the Maestro. Once I connected everything back up and tried it out it didn't work. This, at the time, was flashed to FW version 1.2 but then just recently noticed the version updated and it is now to 1.3. So I re-flashed the FW to 1.3 and still the same issue.

Some trouble shooting notes:
  • When maestro is plugged in, the light turns green then follows with a red light (possibly 2 red lights, can't remember)
  • When car is on the SW controls do not blink the led on the maestro at all
  • Total of 3 connections to Maestro.
    • SW and OBDII Data
    • Power
    • Communication with radio
  • 4 wire communication connector is connected to black 4 pin slot
  • Double checked connector wires/pins for issues and couldn't find any
  • While the car is on, disconnected and reconnected power to Maestro and on radio the "Car Features" option enables. Once clicked on I am presented with a prompt that reads similar to: "Turn your key to ignition" (The car is already on). Then after ~15 sec or so a message is displayed: "Function is unavailable because of Maestro is disconnected. Please check connection with Maestro."

Maestro FW: AD-RR(SR)-SUB1-DS (512) (1.3)
Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy Premium (Non-Bluetooth)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: 2010 Subaru Legacy Maestro not working after re-flash

Post by Dara DeGrand » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:31 am

When you re-flashed, you got the wrong firmware; that's why this is happening.

To get back to where you need to be, flash as a 2010 Subaru Tribeca and it should get you the correct firmware.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

niemann47
New User

Post by niemann47 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks for the quick reply and what you suggested worked!

It was a bit confusing due to the steering wheel control mapping but the buttons were identical and it all worked out.

Hopefully you are able to feedback this to the website team so they can correct and give out the right FW.

Another question. My gauges don't work anymore. To be fair, it wasn't working before the flash.
When I first installed it was working fine. Something happened then it went into a state of OBDII Disconnected. I searched threads and I found something that mentioned if you unplug the OBDII connection while the car is on that it can get screwed up? Not sure if that's true or not but I definitely have done that, multiple times. I just don't know if that is what has caused it. I checked wires and couldn't see any issues. Everything is soldered. I do have a Y splitter on my OBD connection and am using one side for Maestro and the other for another gadget.

If you can send me some insight on what you think the issue could be that would be awesome.

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 am

There isn't an issue with our website; since you installed your RR, we have come out with a vehicle specific t-harness for the legacy, and that is the firmware you got. We don't technically support the hardwired solution that you're running anymore, but flashing as a Tribeca gets you back to the firmware you need.

As for the gauges, if no wiring has changed, it should work. Have you tried resetting the RR?

To reset the RR: Unplug all connectors from the maestro. Push and hold the programming button, and keep holding it as you plug in the connectors. Hold the button until the LED flashes red, then let it go. You should see a quick solid green, and the module is reset.

The RR can also be reset in the radio menus, under OEM Setup.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “SU1 radio replacement solution”