Steering Wheel Controls Stop Working, 2010 Jetta TDI

Group using the VW1 firmware for Media Device Interface (MDI), Multi-Funtion Display (MFD), bluetooth, amplifier turn on, amplifier digital fader, amplifier gain adjustment, steering wheel control, custom gauges, vehicle info, park assist, Navigation arrows on MFD, climate status screen...
grommetv
New User

Steering Wheel Controls Stop Working, 2010 Jetta TDI

Post by grommetv » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:48 pm

I'm having problems with the steering wheel controls on my 2010 Jetta. All controls work fine for the first two or three ignition on/off cycles, but then stop working. Although Maestro LEDs flash green when steering wheel controls are pressed, head unit does not respond.

I've tried reflashing, but problem persists. I've tried removing and reinstalling each connector individually and confirmed functionality returns upon reconnecting the three conductor power connector to the Maestro. However, functionality is lost again after a couple ignition on/off cycles.

How can this issue be corrected?

Maestro RR
Firmware: ADS-RR(SR)-VWS01-DS (512) (4.2)
Hardware: RR (512)

Head unit is Kenwood DNX695S

My vehicle is a VW 2010 Jetta TDI produced in july of 2009, but the steering wheel controls are as depicted in Weblink Maestro setup for 2011 Jetta. Therefore, I flashed the module using the Weblink setup steering wheel config depicted for the 2011 Jetta steering wheel controls as shown below:

Thanks for the help!

Mike

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Steering Wheel Controls Stop Working, 2010 Jetta TDI

Post by Dara DeGrand » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 am

Mike,
Update your Kenwood firmware. We found an issue in that radio (and a few others) where the iDatalink communication wouldn't work intermittently and it was deemed to be an issue with the stability of the Kenwood firmware. They have since found the issue and fixed it; if you update your radio's firmware, you should be good to go.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

grommetv
New User

Post by grommetv » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give it a try and report back in a few days.

Mike

grommetv
New User

Post by grommetv » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 pm

The head unit software update solved the problem. Thank you!

Return to “Volkswagen”