Maestro ADS-RR Installed in 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee + Questions

Group using the CH1, CH2 and CH3 firmwares for uConnect, steering wheel controls, OEM amplifier retention. compatible with select Mitsubishi and Volkswagen vehicles * see specific firmware for full feature list.
grayforge
New User

Maestro ADS-RR Installed in 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee + Questions

Post by grayforge » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 am

Hi Dara,

I enjoy reading your expert responses on this board. Hopefully, you can clarify a few things for me. I installed the ADS-MRR (that’s the model number used in the Amazon ad) in my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 along with an Alpine ILX-107, HRN-RR-CH1 and AVCH1. I love the integration and was impressed to see all the car features displayed: Gauges, open door/tire pressure status, etc.

I flashed the Maestro using the Jeep configuration with these options selected: Alpine ILX-107, CH1, AVCH1, and radio buttons on steering wheel.

I was hoping for an Alpine ILX-107 specific wiring diagram, but was able to reconcile the Maestro and Alpine diagrams together to get the system installed and working.

1. Regarding the Jeep’s rear seat video display, it seems the Alpine ILX-107 doesn’t have video out, so I imagine the rear display is not used in my application?
2. Does the Audio cable from ADS-RR connect to Alpine Aux In (which looks to be a 4 pin female plug for Audio and Video)? What is it used for?
3. Is the AVCH1 only for the backup camera in my application? Seems a shame for all those RCA plugs to not go to use.

Thanks!
Russ

Dara DeGrand
ADS Team

Re: Maestro ADS-RR Installed in 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee + Questions

Post by Dara DeGrand » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 am

1&3. Yes; we do not retain the VES system in this vehicle, so the AV-CH1 is just for the backup camera plug in this case.
2. Yes, it goes to aux in. If you chose to retain uConnect, this is how we allow the audio from the uConnect system to pass into the new radio.
Dara DeGrand
Maestro Technical Support Manager
Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
8400 Bougainville, QC
T 514.807.2888
TF 866.427.2999

Return to “Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep”